• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upsell rates??? UPDATE!!!!!

what number are you calling when you get the upsell offer? Is it 407 W DISNEY?

Yes, and I have even called back to witch resorts and have done it without losing the rate!!

:sad1: I have called twice and asked for CSR which is booked solid for our dates but they have not offered me an upsell. Maybe because we are only staying 5 nights?? Or perhaps I am not one of the lucky "random" people.

Are you guys calling to make a new reservation or getting a new quote on an old reservation.

For me getting an upsell right now would be HUGE! I'm already toying with the idea of upgrading to Poly from CBR. I called to get a quote for the price difference (about 1300.00) and wasn't offered any upsell. Should I have asked? Would I say something like "is there an upsell you can offer me?" or something to that effect? Any input would be appreciated!
Thanks

Well, i went to book my free dining package, and the lady told me. Instead of booking at POP. I could switch to POR For like 200 dollars more. She then told me. I would not be eligible for free dining, if i took the offer. So, I stuck with POP. But, my question is. Were you all offered your upsell choice, and able to keep the free dining package? If, I was able to keep the free dining. I would have paid the 200 dollars more. I am going to be so angry if that cm gave me the wrong info. About the offer.

As for all the questions about. What do you ask for. Should I ask for an upsell. Well, I never asked for anything. I just was offered it. When booking my package. The lady said. Disney would like to offer you etc. I was so excited!! Until the catch of me not being able to book the offer, I was offered with free dining. :sad2:

I just called and didn't get an upsell. I think I'll try again tomorrow and see if I get lucky. If it was meant to be it will be.:thumbsup2

Well I was "fishing" for the upsell so I just kept making the cm check different hotels and dates and I was hoping something would "pop" up and it did. I even called back later to switch the hotel and I was able to do it and keep the rate. I don't know about free dining we are paying for it though with no problems.

Are these only for certain dates? We are going late Sept, after the free dining so an upsell would really help.

Those that were offered upsells.....
What dates?
We are going in just 40 more days and I would still love to get a great upgrade into a deluxe.

Chances are that there would never be an upsell during the summer season. The resorts are almost booked(according to ****-cm). He said he didn't expect any type of discount or even any pin codes to be released. Bummer!

Hello -- I was offered 12 days at BWI for 4,713 w dining and 1 day base park tickets for 4. Dates: 8/15 to /27. I originally was asking for CSR, but that resort was filled and stated that a "manager's special came across the screen in red"! I asked for a courtesy hold. I later called back to see if I could switch resorts to my absolute favorite which is the BC. She said sure. I wish I had the luxury of staying 12 nites, but I cannot. There are 4 of us traveling and I am now staying for 5 nites 6 days, 1 day base park tix and dining for 5 nites for $2,132 at BC. I'm trilled! The caveat in trying to get an upsell or manager's special is that it has to be a package from what I was told. I hope my good fortune can help someone too!

m

Well my dates are for this summer, just before free dining August 12-26. I did try for August 5-12 and nothing popped up. I also booked a package. Not sure if that matters or not.

Hi
Good for you! Is it a 1 day park ticket and then you added 5night of just dining?
I think I got a great deal today when I called. My dates are 7/4 - 7/11 so 7 nights with 5 of us ...I have tried and tried on different websites and have gotten quoates. Mousesavers suggested spliting my stay into 2 reservations because it fell on to different season rates...doing that did save me a lot. I had that saved in My vacation on the website....and thenI decided to call and ask for a discount....the CM member said let me check and I saved another bundle...so I booked it.
7 nights / 7 day hopper/water & more PLUS dining at the Beach Club for 5 people 2 adults and 3 kids ( 13, 9 & 7) for 4141....is that good?
Love to hear anyone elses "deals"

Hey I'm sorry to sound stupid, but I'm still confused about what an "upsell" is. I have booked a package (8 day park hopper w/ DDP - that we're paying for) at the BWI for 7/19-7/26. I wanted the Contemporary at first, but it was booked in the standard rooms. I don't get the upsell thing. Since the Contemp. isn't available, should they have offered me something else/better? I'm lost! :confused3

Are you only offered and upsell when you call or is it available online aswell?

It would only be available by calling.

Hey I'm sorry to sound stupid, but I'm still confused about what an "upsell" is

Its a random offer to upgrade resorts for very little money. Apparently it's at least 1 in 50 maybe even 1 in 200. Years ago it was more common, but has not been around for a long time until just recently. Basically, you call for a ressie and if a special offer "pops" up on the cm ressie screen then he/she will offer it to you. I called wanting a deluxe so I asked for a moderate and had to check a couple of dates and finally a special offered popped up for the BWI. Later I even changed to BC and the special rate stayed the same. it comes out to be around 189.00 per night. I have a package though. Not sure if that matters or not. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter