Uplifting COVID News

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might not be as big picture as declining cases and falling deaths, but it is definitely my personal light at the end of the tunnel... I just bought concert tickets for the first time in what feels like a lifetime! Seeing tours we'd planned on catching in the first half of summer cancel made it feel like this day was never going to come, but a really big tour my daughter was really wanting to see (Green Day, Weezer & Fall Out Boy) finally locked in new dates so she's getting tickets for her birthday. And for Christmas, a season subscription to a venue that hosts Broadway touring productions, because the 2022 season includes Hamilton. Live arts were what I missed most of all through this whole thing, and the speed at which we went from DD12's little school and community theatres tentatively restarting youth productions in outdoor venues to major tours coming back is nothing short of thrilling.

Last edited:
This might not be as big picture as declining cases and falling deaths, but it is definitely my personal light at the end of the tunnel... I just bought concert tickets for the first time in what feels like a lifetime! Seeing tours we'd planned on catching in the first half of summer made it feel like this day was never going to come, but a really big tour my daughter was really wanting to see (Green Day, Weezer & Fall Out Boy) finally locked in new dates so she's getting tickets for her birthday. And for Christmas, a season subscription to a venue that hosts Broadway touring productions, because the 2022 season includes Hamilton. Live arts were what I missed most of all through this whole thing, and the speed at which we went from DD12's little school and community theatres tentatively restarting youth productions in outdoor venues to major tours coming back is nothing short of thrilling.
I won't feel like this is over for us until they reschedule the BTS concert we bought tickets for mere weeks before this all started. Still no word.

I won't feel like this is over for us until they reschedule the BTS concert we bought tickets for mere weeks before this all started. Still no word.
I *think* the concert you were going to wasn't going to be in KC but I noticed that events at Sprint Center (well you know T-Mobile whatever lol) isn't until like August or later (most being October-November) but at least they are ones announced. Sandstone (well you know Azura whatever lol) has like one or two things for June or July but most are August or later with just a few planned acts not yet rescheduled. I know my mom was expressing interest in seeing Clint Black.

I hope for you that BTS at least keeps that they will tour. Maybe they'll postpone to 2022 which obviously would be a bummer. I'll be so honest I would be soooo mad if all this stuff when down if it was when Garth Brooks was here. I skipped out on seeing him when he came in 2007 and I was kicking myself for so long after especially because he just kept going and going and going here selling out all those nights. I was very happy to be able to see him in 2017 but would have been devastated had that not been able to happen. BTS is big so I get it!

I *think* the concert you were going to wasn't going to be in KC but I noticed that events at Sprint Center (well you know T-Mobile whatever lol) isn't until like August or later (most being October-November) but at least they are ones announced. Sandstone (well you know Azura whatever lol) has like one or two things for June or July but most are August or later with just a few planned acts not yet rescheduled. I know my mom was expressing interest in seeing Clint Black.

I hope for you that BTS at least keeps that they will tour. Maybe they'll postpone to 2022 which obviously would be a bummer. I'll be so honest I would be soooo mad if all this stuff when down if it was when Garth Brooks was here. I skipped out on seeing him when he came in 2007 and I was kicking myself for so long after especially because he just kept going and going and going here selling out all those nights. I was very happy to be able to see him in 2017 but would have been devastated had that not been able to happen. BTS is big so I get it!
Yes, it was at Soldier Field in Chicago. They perform in stadiums mostly. And getting the tickets we got wasn't easy. I keep thinking they won't delay until 2022 since it's all complicated by the fact that at least one of them is coming up on the deadline for their compulsory service. Which also worries me that they might just flat out cancel. So we wait. :bored:

Yeah, I think we still have a while to wait before international tours resume because that not only demands some certainty about venues and capacity but also all of the questions about crossing borders be resolved.

Yeah, I think we still have a while to wait before international tours resume because that not only demands some certainty about venues and capacity but also all of the questions about crossing borders be resolved.
I keep wondering if we'll be sitting in Soldier Field in a snow storm in November!

:rockband:

NYC announced today that they are adopting the CDC guidelines, eff Weds, 5/19 -
No mandatory masks or social distancing outdoors for vaccinated ppl - their original timeframe was 7/1
I really just want to go see a Bway show again !!
CT is also following CDC guidelines as of Wednesday 5/19 - no masks outside or inside for vaccinated people with a few exceptions. Our Gov said vaccines are highly effective and the best way to protect yourself is to get vaccinated.

My husband and I are expecting our first child, after 3 back-to-back rounds of IVF that started during the pandemic. Our son is due on Thanksgiving and we can't wait to meet him. Also looking forward to our babymoon in WDW over Father's Day weekend

No masks at Target, Walmart, Lowe’s, or the local big chain grocery store!

I had mine on mostly anyway, but it was great to see smiling faces again. I thought Target was one that was keeping the requirement so it was especially nice to see employees without masks on.

Received a letter from the Superintendent today indicating that masks are no longer required on school grounds when outside for recess, phys ed or learning opportunities - yay! Also no longer required for my son's track practice or my daughter's lacrosse practice as of yesterday. About three days too late for her dance recital but very good news. Masks are still required inside during class and I suspect they will probably just keep that in place for the last month and then reassess.

I had posted at some point that the high school provided the opportunity to share vaccination status so that a student may remain in school/activities if exposed to a case, and now they are including the middle school too. The vaccination rate in my town is pretty good - it was close to 70% with first dose a couple of weeks ago, so it's probably over 70% at this point...The schools have only had seven Covid cases so far in May - that's probably the fewest since we went back to hybrid school in late October, so that good, and the town has only had about 12 in that same time period. Progress!

Received a letter from the Superintendent today indicating that masks are no longer required on school grounds when outside for recess, phys ed or learning opportunities - yay! Also no longer required for my son's track practice or my daughter's lacrosse practice as of yesterday. About three days too late for her dance recital but very good news. Masks are still required inside during class and I suspect they will probably just keep that in place for the last month and then reassess.

I had posted at some point that the high school provided the opportunity to share vaccination status so that a student may remain in school/activities if exposed to a case, and now they are including the middle school too. The vaccination rate in my town is pretty good - it was close to 70% with first dose a couple of weeks ago, so it's probably over 70% at this point...The schools have only had seven Covid cases so far in May - that's probably the fewest since we went back to hybrid school in late October, so that good, and the town has only had about 12 in that same time period. Progress!

Yay! Not sure why anyone would “angry-face” this since it’s an UPLIFTING news post in a thread dedicated to them. If you have issues with masks being dropped in a town with 70% vaccination rate, maybe save it for a different thread.

Last edited:
My husband and I are expecting our first child, after 3 back-to-back rounds of IVF that started during the pandemic. Our son is due on Thanksgiving and we can't wait to meet him. Also looking forward to our babymoon in WDW over Father's Day weekend

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I conceived after our third round of IVF as well. We had twin boys! I can completely understand your excitement and happiness. :D

I had posted at some point that the high school provided the opportunity to share vaccination status so that a student may remain in school/activities if exposed to a case, and now they are including the middle school too.
I think I missed where you posted that but how does that work? None of the schools around me are utilizing vaccination as a means for getting out of quarantine (that would be big news here), I think they are just using CDC's definition of close contact or something like that (admittedly I haven't kept up on the changes they've done to quarantine processes as they've changed a few times here). Does your area just have like a consent-type form where the parent signs off attesting to the vaccination? Also are they considering fully vaccinated (2 weeks past 2nd dose or 2 weeks past 1 dose for J&J) or just having at least 1 dose? Wonder if more schools will do this come fall in lieu of even questioning which (and if any) extracurricular activities will be allowed.

I think I missed where you posted that but how does that work? None of the schools around me are utilizing vaccination as a means for getting out of quarantine (that would be big news here), I think they are just using CDC's definition of close contact or something like that (admittedly I haven't kept up on the changes they've done to quarantine processes as they've changed a few times here). Does your area just have like a consent-type form where the parent signs off attesting to the vaccination? Also are they considering fully vaccinated (2 weeks past 2nd dose or 2 weeks past 1 dose for J&J) or just having at least 1 dose? Wonder if more schools will do this come fall in lieu of even questioning which (and if any) extracurricular activities will be allowed.
The CDC’s guidelines specifically say you do not need to quarantine due to close contact if you’re vaccinated. So technically if they are following CDC guidelines, they shouldn’t have to quarantine.

Our district hasn’t officially released that info, but our district policies explicitly state that they follow all CDC guidelines. So when they follow up on close contacts, they ask about vaccination. I do not how/if they verify that though since I can’t speak personally.

In keeping with the theme of the thread while staying on the school/contact topic, our very small school district in a rather high spread part of PA has had 2 cases all of May, down from 15 in April and our high of 22 in January!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter