Upgrading which undercover tourist tickets to AP

Shelly S

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone knows which is the better undercover tourist ticket to buy for upgrading to AP (power pass). The 2 day park to park with 3rd day free $200.21 or the 2 park base with 2 days free for $165.73. I can't seem to figure out what either ticket wil cost to upgrade. I was originally going to buy the aaa tickets to get the dining discount but those cost quite a bit more than UT. Thanks.

To figure out which is the best, just look at the gate price on the www.universalorlando.com website. Remember that the gate prices will have tax added after too.

For the 2 day park to park 3rd day free, check the 3 day park to park.(UT price $200.21 -- gate price $224.99)
For the 2 park base with 2 days free, check the 4 day base. (UT price $166.73 -- gate price $189.99)

The savings is about the same on both of those.

It also tells you right on the UT website what the gate price of the tickets actually is---I think those include the tax.

Last edited:
Thanks. I wasn't exactly sure how much credit I would get. I think I will buy the 2 day with third day free. Pay more now but not much to upgrade. I have been thinking about which tickets to get for a while, but I think I will finally buy them today. Trip is coming up next month.

To figure out which is the best, just look at the gate price on the www.universalorlando.com website. Remember that the gate prices will have tax added after too.

For the 2 day park to park 3rd day free, check the 3 day park to park.(UT price $200.21 -- gate price $224.99)
For the 2 park base with 2 days free, check the 4 day base. (UT price $166.73 -- gate price $189.99)

The savings is about the same on both of those.

It also tells you right on the UT website what the gate price of the tickets actually is---I think those include the tax.
when I called Universal they told me that you don't necessarily get the full ticket value when upgrading from a third party ticket to an AP. The person couldn't tell me what the value would be and said I'd have to wait until I got therre.

The UT tickets are actually not promo tickets with the days free. The two day get one free is a 3 day ticket. I believe that the 2 days get 2 free is a 4 day ticket but you should contact UT about that.

Universal had their own buy 2 get one free ticket. Those tickets only gave you value for your 2 days.

I upgraded the UT buy 2 day park to park get one day free in Septemeber. I used the ticket to enter and upgraded inside the park. I got full value for the three day par to park pass

• I upgraded the UT buy 2 day park to park get one day free in Septemeber. I used the ticket to enter and upgraded inside the park. I got full value for the three day par to park pass
Thanks. This is the ticket I purchased today and plan to upgrade

I upgraded the UT buy 2 day park to park get one day free in Septemeber. I used the ticket to enter and upgraded inside the park. I got full value for the three day par to park pass
Good to know. Did you upgrade to the basic Annual Pass? If so, how much was it? The Annual Pass with tax is $255.59 (the basic one). The 3 day park to park ticket is $218.32 but online tickets are usually $20 less than the gate price. Per Mousesavers the actual gate price with tax is $239.61.

So are you saying that upgrading to the basic Annual Pass is only $16 for an adult? That would be nice for the just in case I'm in the area in the next year.

I had a 3 day park to park ticket from UT (I think it was a 2 day with free 3rd day, but I don't remember exactly...this was about a year ago...) I upgraded it to a Power Pass at Guest Services outside the gates and the cost was very minimal - only $9 or so.

I upgraded last week from UT buy 2 get 1 day free to a seasonal AP and it was about $35. I went through the gate at universal and went to the guest services office off to the right. I compared my total cost with purchasing AP's directly from universal's website. I saved just under $200 total (for 5 people).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter