Upgrading WDW Annual Pass

AlohaLucie99

Seeing the World through the eyes of my baby
Hello :wave2:

I've read that it's possible to upgrade the WDW annual pass to a premier pass. Is this true? We have the opportunity to visit Anaheim next week and would like to do this.

Also, we're WDW veterans but have only been to Disneyland once pre-child. This time we'll be travelling with a three year old and Cars Land is a must. Can anyone recommend a touring plan. Our first day will be a Friday and we have four full days and possibly the Tues morning.

Thanks all :)

I've read that it's possible to upgrade the WDW annual pass to a premier pass. Is this true? We have the opportunity to visit Anaheim next week and would like to do this.

Also, we're WDW veterans but have only been to Disneyland once pre-child. This time we'll be travelling with a three year old and Cars Land is a must. Can anyone recommend a touring plan. Our first day will be a Friday and we have four full days and possibly the Tues morning.

Yes, it is possible to do so but you need to consider the cost difference between what you paid for the WDW annual pass and the premier pass. A Premier pass is $979 + tax (I think it comes out to $1050-ish).
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disney-premier-passport-ticket/

And in CA, you get 20% off most merchandise and 15% off dining. 10% only in WDW.

But, a 4-day park hopper is $285 per person and comes with magic morning (typically.)

So, are you planning to come back to DLR within the time period of your current pass (your premier pass would be good for whatever time you have left on your current pass.)

As noted by the PP, buying the Premier Pass will not "reset" the expiration date. If your WDW AP expires on 6/30/14, then your new Premier Pass will expire that date. And no, they don't pro-rate the cost of the pass.

Also, you can either upgrade your pass before you arrive or at the Disneyland ticket booths. If you upgrade at Disneyland, a CM has to call Florida to confirm the annual prices in Florida, so make sure to go to the ticket booths before 5 pm Florida time.

HTH,

Kriss pirate:

I have nothing else to add in regards to the Premier Pass... except WDW Discounts suck. lol.
As far as Cars Land is concerned, if you can get to DCA as early as possible, head just to the left of the entrance of Bug's Land to get your Fast Pass for Radiator Springs Racers. The FPs run out quick so you need to get this first thing in the morning, whichever morning you choose. The remaining attractions in Cars Land don't require fast passes and have fast moving lines. You should also do World of Color at least once during your stay, it's an amazing water and color show, but it's in the evening, so try to get a nap in the middle of the day so your little one won't be so tired. :)

This time we'll be travelling with a three year old and Cars Land is a must.

Nothing wrong with CL for a 3 year old...but with that age I would really make bug's land a priority. It's SO much fun for the little kids there, and it's a great introduction to a new park. You can see all the rides right there in front of you, and it's just so cute.

Do the math to make sure that getting that Premiere actually makes financial sense for this trip and your plans until your current WDW AP expires.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter