Upgrading to Business on Airtran

scrapbookinmickeyfan

Earning My Ears
Does Airtran allow you to upgrade to Business Class when you check in at the airport? If so, what does it cost to upgrade?

Thanks for any info.

It's been awhile since I flew airtran so I amnot sure if they still do this. If they have space available in business, they will make an annoucement with discounted prices. We paid $40 one flight to upgrade. The announcement is when everyone is waiting for the boarding process to start.

I have upgraded to business class on AirTran when I have checked in with my luggage as well as at the podium in the terminal. I think both times it was around 40.00

I just checked in online for a flight and they offered me the upgrade online - it was $69 a person

You can upgrade when you check in online, at the airport, or at the gate depending on availability. The price varies based on the length of the segment.

Liz

Does anyone know if the price changes depending on WHERE you upgrade (online vs check in vs podium)? Or is it the same for all?

Does anyone know if the price changes depending on WHERE you upgrade (online vs check in vs podium)? Or is it the same for all?

No its the same no matter where you upgrade - the price difference is based on the length of the segment or popularity even of the segment.

So if its 40.00 online, its also that at the kiosk at the airport, and the desk at the gate.

Liz

We upgraded right at the gate. It is worth it.

We've upgraded both at the gate and online when checking in. If you are almost counting on being able to upgrade, do it when you check in at the 24 hour mark. The price is the same no matter where you upgrade. Frankly, I don't care for their business class seats. When I fly with my 2 y/o I like to leave the armrest up so he can put his head on my lap and sleep. This is not an option on Airtran's business class (at least not any of the planes I've been on). There is a large permanent arm rest that doesn't move. The seats are a little bigger, but nothing like other carriers first class seats. The legroom alone is why I will upgrade on Airtran. The coach class seats have essentially none.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter