Upgrading to annual passes

cggmommy

Earning My Ears
We are new to DVC. We go to Disney every November the week before Thanksgiving. I was wondering if I use my 7day park hopper tickets for our trip this November and upgrade to Annual passes on our last day if the expiration date is the first day of use for our trip or the day I upgraded to annual passes? Our travel dates this year are 11/16-11/22 next year it will be 11/15-11/21. So if I upgrade on 11/21/2014 will the passes be good through 11/21/2015? If so that would give us two trips on one annual pass. (And maybe a couple last minute trips in the spring and summer ;) if the DH agrees ).

If you upgrade from day tickets to Annual Passes, the expiration date of the AP will be the first day on which the day ticket is used.

If you first use the day ticket on Nov 16, 2014 (and subsequently upgrade to AP), the AP expiry will be Nov 16, 2015.

We are new to DVC. We go to Disney every November the week before Thanksgiving. I was wondering if I use my 7day park hopper tickets for our trip this November and upgrade to Annual passes on our last day if the expiration date is the first day of use for our trip or the day I upgraded to annual passes? Our travel dates this year are 11/16-11/22 next year it will be 11/15-11/21. So if I upgrade on 11/21/2014 will the passes be good through 11/21/2015? If so that would give us two trips on one annual pass. (And maybe a couple last minute trips in the spring and summer ;) if the DH agrees ).

It should be the first day you used the MYW pass. Otherwise, they would be giving you the days you used free.

Thanks. That makes sense. Just didn't know how it all works when upgrading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter