Upgrading to annual pass?

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
So I am thinking of upgrading to an annual pass on my upcoming trip.
1. Do I do this on day 1 of our trip?
2. Will my current dining plan be still valid I know with the annual pass you cannot purchase the dining plan. At least that is what I heard.

So I am thinking of upgrading to an annual pass on my upcoming trip.
1. Do I do this on day 1 of our trip?
2. Will my current dining plan be still valid I know with the annual pass you cannot purchase the dining plan. At least that is what I heard.

1. Yes, so you can make full use of the discounts and get the Memory Maker to start right away.
2. Yes, because at that point, you've already fulfilled the requirements of getting the ticket, room, dining plan through Disney. Also, if you have an AP, you can purchase a ticketless package through Disney (room + dining plan).

Others can give you a lot of the ways to convert to the AP depending on who you bought the ticket from but two years ago around this time we had booked a week long trip with Park Hopper tickets for seven days, and as soon as we stepped of ME from the airport went to the front desk and got the AP's which they credited the full cost of the tickets we had against, paid the difference and they gave us our cards right there along with the book detailing our discounts. From there quick stop at the room back to the busses and we used our new AP's to go to MK.

If you're there with a hopper for example in an AP block out timeframe would you have to upgrade the end of the last day to avoid say a Silver pass instantly making you ineligible for the days of your current vacation?

If you're there with a hopper for example in an AP block out timeframe would you have to upgrade the end of the last day to avoid say a Silver pass instantly making you ineligible for the days of your current vacation?

yes

1. Yes, so you can make full use of the discounts and get the Memory Maker to start right away.
2. Yes, because at that point, you've already fulfilled the requirements of getting the ticket, room, dining plan through Disney. Also, if you have an AP, you can purchase a ticketless package through Disney (room + dining plan).
so I already purchased Memory Maker for our October trip :(
and with an AP you can book a room & dining plan only package? I was under the impression with AP's you could not purchase the dining plan options?

and with an AP you can book a room & dining plan only package? I was under the impression with AP's you could not purchase the dining plan options?

You may be able to get a refund/credit on the cost of memory maker. Just talk to the CM when you upgrade.

As I mentioned, room + dining plan is called a ticketless package. You have to call to book

There's no need to change your room reservation.
Just upgrade to AP during your trip.
Your dining plan will remain.
(And, yes, you should be able to get a refund/credit for your MemoryMaker purchase.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter