Upgrading to Annual Pass

ericf70

Mouseketeer
I want to make sure I have the numbers correct before I buy tickets. I can buy
2-Day Universal Park-to-Park Ticket - plus extra day free on UT for $226.88. I can then upgrade
this to a Power Pass at the parks and have the gate price ($266.24) of a 3 day park-to-park ticket credited towards the $276.89 Power Pass?

Also, will I be able to check in using an APH rate before I actually upgrade to the annual pass?

Thanks

Are you using the new chart that reflects the recent increase ?

I am on my iPhone and can't bring the chart up so don't know about the figures you listed

Are you using the new chart that reflects the recent increase ?

I am on my iPhone and can't bring the chart up so don't know about the figures you listed

Yes....that's the new price of the power pass after the increase.

Then it all looks good

Once you have the AP, that is the time you would need to show it at the hotel desk

As long as you can do that before you check out, you are good

You check in without the AP but tell them you are buying it at guest services that day

The rate you booked at will be valid and held

We just did this - though we didn't use APH rate for our hotel as we found a better one. We bought the buy 2 get 3rd day free tickets for my nephews for only $200 before the price increase through UT. Then we upgraded them in the parks for just $10 each two weeks ago.

There was one small issue we had and I don't know if it was due to how we did our tickets or if the person at guest services messed up when giving us the tickets. We did a break in the middle of the day and upgraded their tickets on the way out. We came back in with the AP's and the machines wouldn't accept their fingerprints - of the brand new AP's. They didn't have ID on them as they were under 16 so I told them when we bought them and they reset it and let them get their fingerprint in there. It took a while as one person didn't know how to do it and had to call another over. So - have your ID with you to speed it up in case this happens to you too.

We just did this - though we didn't use APH rate for our hotel as we found a better one. We bought the buy 2 get 3rd day free tickets for my nephews for only $200 before the price increase through UT. Then we upgraded them in the parks for just $10 each two weeks ago.

There was one small issue we had and I don't know if it was due to how we did our tickets or if the person at guest services messed up when giving us the tickets. We did a break in the middle of the day and upgraded their tickets on the way out. We came back in with the AP's and the machines wouldn't accept their fingerprints - of the brand new AP's. They didn't have ID on them as they were under 16 so I told them when we bought them and they reset it and let them get their fingerprint in there. It took a while as one person didn't know how to do it and had to call another over. So - have your ID with you to speed it up in case this happens to you too.
So, when you originally upgraded in the middle of the day, they were supposed to scan their fingers?

So, when you originally upgraded in the middle of the day, they were supposed to scan their fingers?
We left the park and came back - that's where the finger scan had issues. It was the first scan on their AP's as they had used regular tickets that morning. I'm not sure if guest services messed up with the tickets or if the system got confused since their prints could have registered with the tickets we had turned in a few hours before. My hunch is that guest services messed up, but since I'm not certain how it all works, I can't say that with complete confidence.

We left the park and came back - that's where the finger scan had issues. It was the first scan on their AP's as they had used regular tickets that morning. I'm not sure if guest services messed up with the tickets or if the system got confused since their prints could have registered with the tickets we had turned in a few hours before. My hunch is that guest services messed up, but since I'm not certain how it all works, I can't say that with complete confidence.

Thanks for the heads-up here. I'll keep it in mind since we will now be doing other upgrades.

Do you have to upgrade to the Power Pass on the first day of using a 4 day ticket or can you upgrade on your very last day of use with the same price difference? Trying to gain a few extra days on the expiration of the power pass if possible for next year.

Do you have to upgrade to the Power Pass on the first day of using a 4 day ticket or can you upgrade on your very last day of use with the same price difference? Trying to gain a few extra days on the expiration of the power pass if possible for next year.

If US's upgrade works like Disney's does, the expiration date is set by the first day you used the ticket, not date you upgraded the ticket.

I was wondering about this, because we bought the buy 2/3rd day free tix from UT for $200 each as well a few month ago. Good to hear that it will only be $10 per pass to upgrade to the PP's.

Fastest way to find out is check the pass cost site

I can't reach it in my phone

Macraven, you might know this. What is the grace period, if there is any, for renewing annual passes?

Macraven, you might know this. What is the grace period, if there is any, for renewing annual passes?

You have a 30 day window before or after your expiration date to renew

If you forget and pass the 30 day renewal period, it is possible to squeak by if you contact AP TM right away

Your renewal date will be the same each year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter