Upgrading to a Moderate--Offer Opinions and Help Me Choose One

JzeroT1437

<font color=blue>My advice: Get mono<br><font colo
We're booked for Pop Century right now, but are going to change to one of the moderates soon. We've stayed at Coronado Springs and thought it was nice, although we found the layout a little confusing. Never been to any of the other moderates.

Any opinions on any of the moderate resorts would be appreciated. Should we try out something new or just go back to Coronado Springs? I was eying Port Orleans French Quarter quite a bit; it seems they have a boat to Downtown Disney and are pretty close to Epcot.

Anyway, your opinions would be appreciated in helping me make this decision. I've only been twice in the last decade, so I don't know much about the resorts.

Mod vs. Mod

'CBR is 340 square feet and the other mods are 314.

They are basically laid out the same but CSR only has 1 sink (the other have 2 sinks.)
CSR does not have a luggage seat.

Here is the layout of POR:

portorleansriv.gif

POR room lay out

Room size Comparison:

Pop Century/All Stars-260 Square Feet
CS, POR/POFQ-314 SF
Caribbean Beach-340 SF
Wilderness Lodge-344 SF
AKL-344 SF
Yacht/Beach-381 SF
Boardwalk-385 SF
Polynesian-409 SF
Contemporary-436 SF
Grand Floridian-about 400-440SF
Ft Wilderness Cabins-504 SF
Family suites at All Star Music -520 SF

POFQ is not as spread out as the other mods or the values.

POR CBR and CSR are very spread out.

The mods have pool slides, a hot tub and a sit down restaurant (POFQ doses not have a sit down restaurant but shares with POR.)

POFQ and POR are concidered sister resorts so they share pools.

When staying at one of these resorts you can use the other resort's pool.
You can also refill your refillable mug at either of the food courts.

Some of the rooms at POR in the AB section have a trundle bed and can sleep 5.

---------------------------------------------------------
Transportation.

CBR has 7 bus stops.
CSR has 4 bus stops.
PO has 5 stops. 1st stop POFQ then 4 stops at POR.
POFQ & POR do have a boat to DTD.

-----------------------------------------
Elevators

CBR does NOT have elevators

CSR has elevators

POFQ has elevators

POR has elevators in the Mansions buildings but NOT in the AB buildindings.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

my favorite is the French Quarter - It's beautiful and compact. It also has a wonderful boatride to DD!

I've stayed at all the mods except POFQ and I liked them all very much.

My advice would be to try a different resort for a nice little change to your trip.

I'm glad I did because now our family has grown from 4 to 5 and I'm kind of limited to POR Aligator Bayou because of the trundle bed for a 5th.

Let us know what you decided!

We've stayed at CBR and POR! Themeing was beautiful at both resorts but we liked the CBR themeing better! CBR has beautiful tropical themeing, white sandy beaches with hammocks, and friendly ducks. The rooms were definitely larger than POR and the double sinks had more storage area. We like both pools and food court the same. We did not have good bus service at POR the week we were there and that might have just been a very busy week for POR. We have always had good bus service at CBR, though. The one thing we really liked at POR was the boat ride to DTD - it was great. Good luck on your decision, and I am sure any moderate you choose, you will love.

Linda T. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

June, 1979 - Offsite
June, 1995 - CBR
June, 1997 - CBR
June, 1999 - POR
June, 2003 - CBR
March, 2005 - Disneyland
June, 2005 - CBR

Next Trip - July 11 thru July 18 - CBR :yay:

Love POFQ, the size is great, food court wonderful and the walk to POR is beautiful, we walked over there to eat and rent bikes and I ran the path around both resorts every morning, so quiet and peaceful can not wait to get back there this year.

I will never stay at any mod but POFQ since my last trip. It was wonderful. Quiet resort, boat to DTD and POR, small, everything close, great CM's. Going back in October!

Gotta cast a vote for the CBR. From the minute we drove onto the CBR grounds, we were in love. The bright tropical theming is carried out throughout the resort.

We had originally book at the CBR, then changed to the Pop 'cause we thought we would save a few dollars, and then later changed back to the CBR. I am so glad we did.

The CBR rooms are 340 square feet whereas the other moderates are 314. That extra square footage comes in handy when you get everybody (and all their stuff) in the room.

Mousekeeping was great. They came in every day and cleaned and replinished our stock of towels, wash clothes and coffee packets. We received 4 towel animals during our 10 day stay.

The bus service was very efficient. We never waited long for a bus and sometimes there were three buses at the bus stop at once. Because the CBR is so centrally located, it never took us long to get to any Disney destination.

Each village at the CBR has their own laundry facility, quiet pool and white sandy beach. We watched the Epcot fireworks from the hammocks on the Jamaica beach.

The island in the middle of the lake was a pleasant surprise. There are pathways that lead to benches and gliders. Tropical music played all over the island and we saw several families having picnics.

The main pool looks like an old fort complete with cannons and a slide. There is a hot tub and hair wrap station next to the main pool. Order a drink from the Banana Cabana and sip it under one of the umbrella tables nearby.

The marina rents an assortment of watercraft as well as surrey bikes and bicycles.

The food court had a variety of food stations to choose from. There are burgers, chicken, pizza, pasta, fresh baked bakery items, salads, rotissiere chicken and lots of others.

The store sold all the typical Disney merchandise such as t-shirts, purses, collectibles, toys, etc. The other side of the store sold pirate themed items, Caribbean Beach Resort t-shirts, flip flops, etc.

I really think you guys would enjoy a stay at the CBR. We liked it so much we are headed back for another 10 day stay in just 20 days!

Lisa

We love POFQ, we stayed there for the first time in Dec '06 and are returning this August. We all loved the compact size, (compact for Disney ;) ) the food court was great, the boat ride to DD was a lovely alternative to the buses. Mousekeeping was excellent, the beds were very comfortable and our room was lovely. POFQ is also centrally located so it never took very long to reach any of the parks and the longest we ever waited for a bus was 10 minutes. The grounds are beautiful, and the walk along the path to POR is lovely. It was fun to check out their facilities as well :thumbsup2 . We felt FQ was a quiet haven after a busy day in the parks, it was so nice to come back 'home' to this lovely, tranquil resort and relax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter