• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrading Tickets

Thumper1066

Mouseketeer
We have extended our trip...yeah.....but I already bought our tickets through Un.T. and authorized dealer. I linked them to our My Disney Experience. They are seven day tickets. Now I want to upgrade them by 2 days. They are not park-hopper nor to they contain water park access ( if this matters.) I have heard that you can go to a Guest Relations Desk at any of the parks and Downtown Disney to add more days.
I have 2 questions.
1) Can I go to Downtown Disney and do this before we even go to a park?
2) Since we used an outside source is there an additional charge? I see that the difference after 7 days amounts to $10 per day (per ticket of course).

We have extended our trip...yeah.....but I already bought our tickets through Un.T. and authorized dealer. I linked them to our My Disney Experience. They are seven day tickets. Now I want to upgrade them by 2 days. They are not park-hopper nor to they contain water park access ( if this matters.) I have heard that you can go to a Guest Relations Desk at any of the parks and Downtown Disney to add more days.
I have 2 questions.
1) Can I go to Downtown Disney and do this before we even go to a park?
2) Since we used an outside source is there an additional charge? I see that the difference after 7 days amounts to $10 per day (per ticket of course).

1: Yes, but don't. You purchased your tickets at a discount and if you upgrade them prior to their first use you'll lose that discount.
2: No.

Just be sure to enter a park first before trying to upgrade. Then sometime after you enter your first park, and before your last day, go to Guest Services in w.e. park you're in and tell them you want to add on 2 days. By entering a park first, that will bring your ticket up to the current gate price. So if you saved $20 on a ticket at UCT, by going in the park first, that ticket's value will now be brought to the current gate price, the same as if you'd bought the ticket right there in the park. Then you pay the difference between a 7 day ticket and a 9 day ticket, and you still saved $20(or w.e. your savings were). If you go to DTD to do it before ever using it, you would pay the full difference between the lower price you paid at UCT and the current price of the 9 day ticket and you'd lose any savings. That's called price bridging and they should know how to do it. Make sure you know what you should be paying to add on 2 days of tickets. Cheshire Figment has lots of info in a Ticket sticky in the top of this forum to help you do this, so you may want to check it out.

Do the same principles apply if I want to add water park options to my base tickets since I purchased before the price increase through AAA? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter