Upgrading tickets

caegan

Mouseketeer
My DD4 and I will be heading to Orange, CA because she has some appointments scheduled at the Children's Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) in a couple weeks. Since we will be so close to Disneyland we plan to make a mini vacation out of our trip as well. I think we will be getting 3-day tickets to use over our time there.

The thing is, if all goes well with the appointments, we will be returning to CHOC in the winter, possibly in Jan. or Feb., for about a month. We won't know for sure if we will be making a return trip until the day before we leave. If we do decide we will be going back I want to upgrade our 3-day tickets to deluxe annual passes. Being that close to DLR I just can't stay away!

So is it as easy as I think it will be to upgrade? For example, if the adult 3-day ticket is $220 and I upgrade to the deluxe AP at $469 I just pay the difference of $249, right? And will the AP be good for one year from the original purchase date?

Thanks in advance for any help! I haven't been to Disneyland since 1989 and I can't wait to be back! :goodvibes

Upgrades are pretty simple. You just have to go to a ticket booth before the end of your last day, so in your case, before the end of your third. You will pay the difference between what you paid and the price of the AP, which as you said will be $249 each. The AP is actually good for one year after the first day you used your parkhopper to upgrade, so if you use your parkhopper on Oct. 1st but upgrade on Oct. 3rd, your AP will still expire on Oct. 1st if that makes sense.

Personally, if you know you'll be returning, I'd use your Magic Morning included with your 3-day ticket, then I'd upgrade to an AP right after so that you can take advantage of the discounts in the parks!

caegan said:
My DD4 and I will be heading to Orange, CA because she has some appointments scheduled at the Children's Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) in a couple weeks. Since we will be so close to Disneyland we plan to make a mini vacation out of our trip as well. I think we will be getting 3-day tickets to use over our time there.

The thing is, if all goes well with the appointments, we will be returning to CHOC in the winter, possibly in Jan. or Feb., for about a month. We won't know for sure if we will be making a return trip until the day before we leave. If we do decide we will be going back I want to upgrade our 3-day tickets to deluxe annual passes. Being that close to DLR I just can't stay away!

So is it as easy as I think it will be to upgrade? For example, if the adult 3-day ticket is $220 and I upgrade to the deluxe AP at $469 I just pay the difference of $249, right? And will the AP be good for one year from the original purchase date?

Thanks in advance for any help! I haven't been to Disneyland since 1989 and I can't wait to be back! :goodvibes

If your going to upgrade, then you might want to consider doing it on the first day as well. I say this because you get up to 20% off on purchases!

By the way, the parks were great today! Have a good time when you go.

Thank you! Hmm... that's a good idea about upgrading right away for the discounts. I suppose we could plan a return trip no matter what! :thumbsup2

Quick question....to upgrade to an AP, (from a 5 day pass) I can do that at the ticket booth? Do you get your AP right there as well? It's been years since I had an AP and I don't know where to go in Disneyland to get one anymore.
Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter