Upgrading tickets to AP

MICHELET

Earning My Ears
Will I be able to upgrade a 4 day 3 park pass (includes Volcano Bay) to a 2 park AP at the end of the 4 days? This will be after visiting Volcano Bay one of those days. Need AP for room discount. Will probably go with the Power pass as we will be there in July and don't want to not get in on our last day.

I think I saw a thread before asking that question last year. I believe they were able to do it, but made sure to visit VB before they did the upgrade. I think they said it was almost the same price. Though prices have increased 10 percent or so, since last year. I would ask Universal just to be very sure. They are good at answering in a timely manner.

And if you want to upgrade, I’d be sure to do it outside the parks. Those ticket offices are better at knowing how to do upgrades then hit or miss with inside ticket offices.

I was there in May. Met a family from our hometown in the club... told them about the AP perks... this is all secondhand from what they told us. They had already been to volcano bay on their 3 park 4 day passes... Guest services inside the park told them they could not upgrade to a 2 park ap since they had already visited volcano bay... They could convert their day passes to a 3 park ap which was significantly more expensive. Personally, I have found with guest services you will at times get different answers from different tm's so I say doesn't hurt to ask all they can do is say no. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Once you enter VB, you would need to do the 3 park AP. Been like that for years. Otherwise, everyone would do free VB that way.

You can buy a single day VB ticket, which is cheaper than the 2 park vs 3 park AP difference.
So if I have a 3 park ticket and upgrade to a 2 park AP I will then have to purchase a single day ticket to go to VB?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter