Upgrading Tickets- Here is the truth about the price!

BeccaA

Mouseketeer
I bought tickets from Undercover Tourist and only had to pay $10.00 each to upgrade them for another day at Guest Services! So awesome. Diagonal Alley is beyond amazing and I am so happy to have another day to spend there.

What kind of tickets had you bought and what did you upgrade to?

I bought two day park to park and upgraded to three day park to park. Such a fun trip and we are so glad to have had three days since we spent so much time in Diagon Alley!

The UT 2 day / 2 park tickets are $177.99 and the www.universalorlando.com 3 day / 2 park tickets are $188.00. Is that what you were charged? Would just like to be clear on this to help other people who ask this question all the time. Did you also have to pay tax on that $10 difference?

Oh YAY!!

This is good for us..

I was a bit worried.. Because we only have 2 days for Universal (based on our ticket) and I was worried if we wanted to get an extra day it would cost us an arm and a leg.

So glad to see its worth an extra day and that its cheap to upgrade to a 3 day.

I paid the Undercover Tourist price for two day park to park in June. The price on the Undercover Tourist site includes tax so it is cheaper than Universal's price. I do believe it was 177. 99. I paid 10.80 per ticket to upgrade ( 10 plus tax).

Can the Undercover Tickets (2 day park to park - with 3rd day free) be upgraded to AP's?

The UT 2 day / 2 park tickets are $177.99 and the www.universalorlando.com 3 day / 2 park tickets are $188.00. Is that what you were charged? Would just like to be clear on this to help other people who ask this question all the time. Did you also have to pay tax on that $10 difference?

There are 2 things that make this interesting. First, as mentioned before, the $177.99 includes the sales tax the $188 doesn't. What the 188 does include is the $20 advance purchase discount.

So she upgraded from a ticket that cost about $164.81 + 13.18 tax to a ticket with a gate price of $208 + $16.64 tax for a total of $10 + .80 tax. I guess the big question is what happened? Did they bridge the price of the 2 day ticket up to gate price before upgrading? Did they charge her the advance purchase price on the upgrade? But, in any case, this is not the previous paying the difference what you paid and the gate price of what you want (losing any previous discounts you might have had).

I will be curious to hear other reports before my trip in January. I have an old 1 day park hopper I'm planning on upgrading to a power pass. And if the results look promising I'll upgrade a 4 day park to park pass I purchased before the latest price increase to a Power Pass as well.

There are 2 things that make this interesting. First, as mentioned before, the $177.99 includes the sales tax the $188 doesn't. What the 188 does include is the $20 advance purchase discount.

So she upgraded from a ticket that cost about $164.81 + 13.18 tax to a ticket with a gate price of $208 + $16.64 tax for a total of $10 + .80 tax. I guess the big question is what happened? Did they bridge the price of the 2 day ticket up to gate price before upgrading? Did they charge her the advance purchase price on the upgrade? But, in any case, this is not the previous paying the difference what you paid and the gate price of what you want (losing any previous discounts you might have had).

I will be curious to hear other reports before my trip in January. I have an old 1 day park hopper I'm planning on upgrading to a power pass. And if the results look promising I'll upgrade a 4 day park to park pass I purchased before the latest price increase to a Power Pass as well.

Looks to me like they didn't do any bridging but just calculated the difference between what she paid at UT and the online price for the three day park to park from the universal website and then charged her tax on the $10 difference.

Looks to me like they didn't do any bridging but just calculated the difference between what she paid at UT and the online price for the three day park to park from the universal website and then charged her tax on the $10 difference.

Which is weird and unexpected, right?

I would always expect them to go from what you paid to the full gate price. I think the OP got some mummy dust. :)

Which is weird and unexpected, right?

I would always expect them to go from what you paid to the full gate price. I think the OP got some mummy dust. :)

I was never quite sure which price they chose...whether it was gate price or online price since I had never personally upgraded. Just seems to me that if you purchase online you should get an online upgrade price. Hope this is the norm.

I had an unused 3 day park to park that I got for a great discounted price through work (Working Advantage for those familiar). When I was there in May I went straight to the ticket office and asked about upgrading to a preferred AP since I was coming back in Sept and would be staying onsite. They took the current gate price and charged me the difference of the current 3 day park to park and the preferred AP (sorry I don't have exact #'s) but it came to about $80 something and change to upgrade. Totally worth it as I saved on parking the rest of that week, got food and merchandise discounts and was able to apply the AP rate to my September booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter