• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrading So. California City Pass???

sas_mk

Mouseketeer
I am thinking about buying the So. California City Pass for our vacation. It has a 3-day Park Hopper to Disneyland included, but I really want to upgrade to an annual pass.

Has anybody done this?

Do you know how much it will cost me to upgrade to the annual pass (probably the Deluxe for $289)?

When you use the So. California City Pass, is the voucher in the booklet your Disney ticket, or do they print out a separate ticket that you would use for gate entry and upgrade purposes?

Thanks for your help!

You will exchange your voucher for a regular ticket at the ticket booth. When you upgrade to the annual pass, they charge the difference between what you paid for your ticket and the annual pass. I did this a few years ago and I believe they valued the 3-day parkhopper at the advance purchase price which is now $194, so you would pay an additional $105.

Tip: upgrade on the last day of your 3 days, especially if there are any blockout days during your visit.

personally for me if there was no black-outs i would upgrade 1st day for the discounts. but im not intersted in the early entry which would also be a reason to wait

You will exchange your voucher for a regular ticket at the ticket booth. When you upgrade to the annual pass, they charge the difference between what you paid for your ticket and the annual pass. I did this a few years ago and I believe they valued the 3-day parkhopper at the advance purchase price which is now $194, so you would pay an additional $105.

Tip: upgrade on the last day of your 3 days, especially if there are any blockout days during your visit.

We used the citypass last month and upgraded the hoppers to the deluxe APs on Aug 28, 2009. We ended up upgrading on our 3 day hopper on our 3rd day after we had already used our early entry. The 3-day hopper was valued at $179/adults and $149/kids. We ended up paying $110 each to upgrade mine, dh's and ds's and ended up paying $140 each to upgrade dd's and dn's. It would have been great if we got the $194 credit instead, but even mousesavers is reporting the $179/$149 value. We did the upgrade at the building across from plaza inn near the coke shop.

Have a great trip. We loved the value of the city pass. For $302 ($192/costco price + $110 upgrade) we went to Universal Studios, Sea World, San Diego Zoo and have deluxe APs to Disneyland. That's only $13 more than a deluxe AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter