upgrading SC city pass for more disney days

M2DD's

DIS Veteran
We are intrested in getting the city pass again but it only comes with 3 days for the disney parks and we would like 5 two more days. DO you just go to Customer service and pay the price difference between the 3 and 5 day passes?
Ive tried to find this info in the search and sticky but its no where to be found:confused3
Any help
laura

We had SoCal CityPasses when we went last May & wanted to add on 1 more day. We inquired about this at the ticket booths at DL & were told that they can not "add on" days to a City Pass. They are a deal all on their own. We were more than welcome to purchase 4 x 1 day Park Hopper passes at regular price but not "add on" 1 more day to the passes. Hope I am making sense! :confused3

i asked about this in 2005. the answer i got was different. i was told they'd take the prorated value and charge the difference between that and the gate price.

basically even if they let you do it, you'd lose the discount.

Okay, if you do the items all seperately, you pay about $65 bucks more, but do you really want to do all the items? Maybe just buy the Disney pass you want and then check into the other tickets seperately. I bet your trip will be more magical!

We had the same issue last year, wanted to stay an additional day.

The paperwork that came with the City Pass said an additional day could be added (not sure if two are possible). Disney Travel (we had booked through them) confirmed this and told us to go to the ticket booths.

At the ticket booths we were told that you can not upgrade a City Pass.

Back at our hotel I called Disney Travel again and they confirmed that the cast member at the ticket booth was wrong. City Pass Tickets can be upgraded.

They did offer us a refund. But I have no idea how much they would have refunded us. I'm in Germany, so any kind of monetary refund was problematic. They ended up in giving us a discount for our next trip instead that was about $ 50 per person.

if you're going to use it, citypass is amazing. especially since costco.com sells it for like $25 less than the normal price so you save even more.

I sent an e-mail to Disney to ask this question and the response I got was that it could NOT be done. I really wanted to add one day too.

I sent an e-mail to Disney to ask this question and the response I got was that it could NOT be done. I really wanted to add one day too.

Either they changed it then (my encounter is from November last year) or I was extremely lucky.

When I called the disney ticket line they said that adult citypass is valued at 185$ for the disney portion and that you can use that towards purchasing 2 more days of tickets. We decided since were not going to US were going to purchase the SD 3 for 1 ticket and then just buy 5 day disney pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter