Upgrading regular ticket to gold pass

db24

Mouseketeer
I am currently waiting on my call back to purchase a gold pass where I cancelled my AP last year. I'm worried about the park reservations filling up for my November trip. If I purchase a regular ticket now to make park reservations, will they still let me upgrade it to the gold pass when they call me back? I know upgrading tickets used to be easy but didn't know if it was now.

I know it was not an issue in the park, so I would assume it should not be an issue with ticketing when they call you!

I had park reservations after purchasing a 6 day hopper. I got the call, upgraded to a Gold pass and nothing changed with my park reservations. You should be good!

Same here. We got the call Sunday and upgraded our 6 day hopper to Gold AP.

I'm a brand new DVC blue card owner. I've never had a regular Annual Pass. Was there a way to maybe still be able to purchase gold passes for my family (living in same home)? It almost sounds like you were able to just book regular tickets and then call to get them upgraded to Gold passes?

I'm a brand new DVC blue card owner. I've never had a regular Annual Pass. Was there a way to maybe still be able to purchase gold passes for my family (living in same home)? It almost sounds like you were able to just book regular tickets and then call to get them upgraded to Gold passes?

For those of us who had APs prior to the closer and were renewing, we could get the tickets applied to the renewal.

When APs were on sale, you could upgrade a multiday ticket to an AP when at the park.

However, right now, AP sales are suspended for everyone except those that were AP holders in 2020 when parks closed,

Since you did not hold one then, you would not be eligible to upgrade tickets right now. If, by the time you travel, APs come back on sale, then you can.

And, be aware that DVC has no control or say in when APs will sell again. That is a completely different division of Disney.

And, be aware that DVC has no control or say in when APs will sell again. That is a completely different division of Disney.
They really shouldn’t be advertising this as a blue card perk to entice new buyers right now. They could get themselves into some real trouble especially depending on how long the lack of AP’s for sale goes on. It’s been, what, 15 months since AP’s were on sale? And they’ve been selling new DVC contracts with the promise of this perk that is no longer offered for 12 of those months.

They really shouldn’t be advertising this as a blue card perk to entice new buyers right now. They could get themselves into some real trouble especially depending on how long the lack of AP’s for sale goes on. It’s been, what, 15 months since AP’s were on sale? And they’ve been selling new DVC contracts with the promise of this perk that is no longer offered for 12 of those months.

If you read the language of membership extras it clearly states it this is a benefit that can happen from time to time.

It is and never was guaranteed but something that can be offered. Even since sales have been suspended, my experience with at least 8 different DVC people, not one touted this as a benefit. When asked…to see what would be said…all said it was not currently available but that none had heard anything about them not returning.

Anyone buying should know, when reading the contract blue card perks are just that…a perk and it can be canceled at any time.

Others may have had different experiences, but all DVC owners who held one prior to the closure in 2020 are allowed to renew them at the DVC price so in that sense it is still a benefit for those of us eligible

FYI buried at the very end of the Disneyland Magic Key announcement it states, "And for those wondering about Walt Disney World Annual Passes, new pass sales will become available in time for the start of the 50th anniversary celebration! Walt Disney World Resort will be sharing additional information and details later this month, so be sure to stay tuned to DisneyWorld.com and the Disney Parks Blog. "

So hopefully that means the DVC gold pass will be back as well at a TBD price point.

FYI buried at the very end of the Disneyland Magic Key announcement it states, "And for those wondering about Walt Disney World Annual Passes, new pass sales will become available in time for the start of the 50th anniversary celebration! Walt Disney World Resort will be sharing additional information and details later this month, so be sure to stay tuned to DisneyWorld.com and the Disney Parks Blog. "

So hopefully that means the DVC gold pass will be back as well at a TBD price point.

Well, it means APs will be back but we don’t yet know if the same Gold pass will make the cut as they didn’t say one way or another about the type of passes or changes.

I am hoping it will!!!

Well, it means APs will be back but we don’t yet know if the same Gold pass will make the cut as they didn’t say one way or another about the type of passes or changes.

I am hoping it will!!!

I never thought I would say this. But I guess this is the power of DVC addonitus...even the return of a full priced platinum pass would end up helping me save money on tickets. But undeniably a gold pass would be better.

I renewed my gold pass yesterday - it does not expire until September but I needed to make park reservations for upcoming trips. I am assuming thee gold will be offered if they let me renew mine.

I renewed my gold pass yesterday - it does not expire until September but I needed to make park reservations for upcoming trips. I am assuming thee gold will be offered if they let me renew mine.
Not necessarily. In the past when they've made changes to tickets and APs, the changes applied to tickets/APs purchased on and after a specific date. Any that were already purchased remained the same as when purchased - which is why some people have 10-day non-expiring tickets and even AP vouchers that they bought years ago and are just now beginning to use.

Can anyone give a rundown on how annual passes worked before for DVC members?

I know you can upgrade to an annual pass for the difference (DVC Gold Pass subtract cost of your ticket, etc.). You do this at guest services in the park or call member services?

Are multiple annual pass tiers with the DVC discount traditionally offered? Such as the platinum pass with water parks? What if I'm going at Christmas. Are they going to let me upgrade to a Gold Pass during my trip even though that's a blackout date?

Can anyone give a rundown on how annual passes worked before for DVC members?

I know you can upgrade to an annual pass for the difference (DVC Gold Pass subtract cost of your ticket, etc.). You do this at guest services in the park or call member services?

Are multiple annual pass tiers with the DVC discount traditionally offered? Such as the platinum pass with water parks? What if I'm going at Christmas. Are they going to let me upgrade to a Gold Pass during my trip even though that's a blackout date?

DVC had a discounted price on the platinum plus. You can only upgrade a ticket to DVC AP at guest services. MS can not do that by phone.

In the past, people have been successful in upgrading during a blackout at the end of trip…last park day…to Gold.

DVC had a discounted price on the platinum plus. You can only upgrade a ticket to DVC AP at guest services. MS can not do that by phone.

In the past, people have been successful in upgrading during a blackout at the end of trip…last park day…to Gold.

Thank you. Makes sense.

Undoubtedly the Gold pass will be coming back same time as the others -- right after Disney raises the price another 15%

Undoubtedly the Gold pass will be coming back same time as the others -- right after Disney raises the price another 15%

Since I'm going this month and leaving on Aug 31. I'd be willing to bet money that the gold pass will return on Sept 1 with the inability to bridge on the phone.

So I am blue card, I have a 4 day ticket now, never been an AP before… when they bring AP back and MAYBE bring the DVC discount back, who do I call to upgrade? MS or general ticketing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter