• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrading passes

tinkermomma

Mouseketeer
This is probably the dumbest question ever, but you are nice folk so here it goes:

If you are upgrading from one type of pass to another, say So Cal to Deluxe or Deluxe to Premium will Disney charge you the difference of the two from before this price increase or after?

I bet it's after, I was just wondering if anyone had experienced this situation during past increases.

Thanks!!

They will charge you the price that's in effect at the time you upgrade, minus the amount that you actually paid for your old ticket.

HTH,
Bob

PP is right. Disney will only credit you what you paid for the AP and then charge you the new AP pricing. Usually.

I had to upgrade my SC AP a few years ago. I orig. purchase the So Cal AP. Then my DD's school changed from year round to traditional schedule. With our current AP we were blocked out on most of the days she was out of school. So I had to upgrade to Deluxe. Of course there was a price increase in the meantime.

When I did the upgrade I was able to get them to charge me only the difference between the current pricing but it wasn't easy! I had to speak to a supervisor and it took about a half hour to accomplish. I was very calm with the supervisor but I told him that it didn't make sense to me that I had to pay the higher price. He actually told me "You should originally bought the AP that had the days you needed" I did tell him that my DD's school schedule had changed and that I indeed would have bough the Deluxe AP had I known at the time. Especially since I was using the payment plan. I had to pay the full difference when I upgraded. I would have preferred to spread it out over monthly payments. The supervisor was able to make the change for me. I don't know if it was the reason I gave or not? Who knows, it may have helped. Plus I have had AP for many years and I'm sure their records reflected that.

Our AP exp. last Dec. I just bought our new AP online today before the price increase. This time I bought the Deluxe one. Can't afford the Premium any more (which we had last year).

I know I was lucky since this wasn't Disney's policy.

Thank you for the responses! That's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure ;)

That's pretty great that they made an exception for you Disneydaz.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter