• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrading Package Ticket to Premium AP at Check in

DonnaSue

Mouseketeer
Do Ya'll know if I can upgrade my ticket at check in to a premium AP before i even use it? We have 7 day park hoppers, non expiring, that includes water parks and we also have the deluxe dining plan. We are scheduled to arrive on May 27. We just paid everything in full last week. We just found out yesterday that we are going to be taking several trips down to Celebration in the next sveral months, so, for DH and I it would really make sense to have the APs handy!!! I am just not sure how that would work. Only DH and I would need the conversion. The other 4 in our party would not.

Thanks,
Donna

It doesn't really matter, in terms of expense, when you upgrade, as long as you do it within 14 days of the first use of the ticket. Even if you do it at the end of your trip, you will still get the same value for your ticket as you would have on the first day. The AP will be considered to have been activated as of the first day you used the ticket.

To answer your question from a different angle ... you can't possibly upgrade to an AP at check-in because the resorts can't handle APs. To upgrade to an AP, you must go to a park (even a water park) or Guest Services at Downtown Disney.

Bottom line ... just do it at whatever time during your trip is most convenient for you, and keep in mind that you can't accomplish the task at your resort.

I have a related question- I've never upgraded a MYW ticket at check in- can they add the hopper option at your resort at check in if you've paid in advance for the non-hopping option? that's the only thing we want to add but I don't know when we should do it.

TIA

I have a related question- I've never upgraded a MYW ticket at check in- can they add the hopper option at your resort at check in if you've paid in advance for the non-hopping option? that's the only thing we want to add but I don't know when we should do it.

TIA
Yes, they can handle that at your resort.

But again, do it whenever it's convenient for you. You can even wait until you get to the ticket window of the first park you will be hopping to. There's no price advantage one way or another.

Yes, they can handle that at your resort.

But again, do it whenever it's convenient for you. You can even wait until you get to the ticket window of the first park you will be hopping to. There's no price advantage one way or another.

Thanks very much! we hadn't intended to hop but with our ADRs the way they worked out and grad nights to contend with, we will end up hopping after all. Glad to hear we can do it right at check in.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter