• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

upgrading hotel from moderate to deluxe

the.sandman

Earning My Ears
hi,
we have booked 2 weeks for POR for may 2011, as a suprise for ds i was going to suprise him and upgrade to AKl for the last few nights, do i request this at check-in or can i upgrade any time during my stay.

thanks

IF I were you, I'd book it as a split stay at 2 different resorts....days #1-10 at POR, days #11-14 at AKL. Disney will assist you with transferring your luggage, but you'll have to factor in packing up and unpacking once you get to AKL.

Or, you could just book the entire thing at AKL, and hope for a discount PIN. they usually offer 40% off at the Deluxes....but your mileage may vary. Some think they are difficult to get, but we get them frequently.

I WOULD NOT ask to be upgraded to the AKL at check-in. More than likely, AKL will be unavailable, and that's not the sort of upgrade that one asks for when one asks for an upgrade, if you get my drift.

If I'm reading this right, you will pay for the upgrade to the deluxe. Correct? I would still book it now. There is a chance that there would be no rooms available by the time you got to POR and wanted to change your last couple of nights.

I wouldn't ask to be "upgraded" from one resort to another. The only time I've ever heard of that happening is when one resort overbooks for some reason, or has sudden maintenance issues requiring rooms to be unavailable, and then previously booked guests at that resort are sent to a different resort that has availability. Otherwise, the separate resorts operate as just that: separate resorts.

Like a previous poster said: I'd book two different ressies, one with each resort, paying the difference from moderate to deluxe when you switch.

They will take your luggage from one resort to the next, if you like.

thanks for your replies, we will be willing to pay for the upgrade.
the problem being we have all ready booked through a uk travel agent and the minimum short stay is 5 nights (with travel agent) meaning we would then loose our QSDP.
if i had to loose QSDP i would just stay in POR for the full 14 days.

the problem being we have all ready booked through a uk travel agent and the minimum short stay is 5 nights (with travel agent) meaning we would then loose our QSDP.

I don't see why you have a problem. If you stay at POR for 10 nights, isn't that more than enough to still qualify for the QSDP? Call your TA and ask.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

You can keep 9 days at POR and then do 5 days at AKL. Tell your TA what you want to do. A good one should be able to help you.

Not sure how the UK packages work. Interesting that you are staying @ a moderate (POR) and getting QSDP, rather than regular dinning - is this free dinning or just part of the package you chose?
Disney certainly makes it a bit challenging for people who want to sample more than one resort. If your minimum is 5 days, you could do the 9 days @ POR followed by 5 @ AKL. I assume you could get dinning @ AKL, too. Typically you'd have a 9 day stay w/ your POR dinning followed by 5 days @ AKL w/ an AKL dinning package - is that possible, or are there other restrictions to your UK package that we here in the states don't have to deal w/?

booking from the uk through virgin you get QSDP for free (were staying during may) if staying at moderate and also taking park passes with virgin.
as i have my 14 day park pass, i would then have to buy another park pass to get dining staying in a deluxe. i think my easy solution will be to stay in POR for 14 nights with free QSDP and then booking a few nights at AKL during my stay, this way i will keep QSDP and only have to pay extra price for AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter