Upgrading FL resident discover disney tickets?

Anchored

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know that if I purchase a discover disney 3-day ticket to use for a 3-day weekend this spring, if I can upgrade it to a weekday select season pass to use later this year for other trips we have planned?

I do believe that you can, but you have to do it within 14 days if you want to use it as your "downpayment". Anytime after that you would have to either buy another ticket or just put down money. I have the Regular Annual Pass though, So i can't speak with certainty on the Seasonal Pass.

You think even if I use it on a weekend and want to then go to the weekday select?

You think even if I use it on a weekend and want to then go to the weekday select?

We did that a couple years ago with a regular Florida Disney ticket (3 day). We bought that ticket initially, knowing we wanted to go one weekend and then the rest would be weekdays. We went on a Saturday and Sunday and upgraded on Monday. It was no problem.

We did that a couple years ago with a regular Florida Disney ticket (3 day). We bought that ticket initially, knowing we wanted to go one weekend and then the rest would be weekdays. We went on a Saturday and Sunday and upgraded on Monday. It was no problem.

You will need to upgrade on a weekday.

You will need to upgrade on a weekday.

We always upgraded to Select DL passes on Block-out days. We also even purchased Select APs on Block-out days and could enter both parks.

Disney uses the value of the ticket to upgrade as long as the AP being purchased is greater in value than the original ticket.

We always upgraded to Select DL passes on Block-out days. We also even purchased Select APs on Block-out days and could enter both parks. Disney uses the value of the ticket to upgrade as long as the AP being purchased is greater in value than the original ticket.
When I tried upgrading at Disney World on a blackout day I was told it could only be upgraded to an annual pass. CM told me to come back the next day when blackout was lifted. No problems upgrading at that time. Maybe DL is different. This was due to using the ticket during the blackout date. Disney's previous 3day florida resident pass didn't have a blackout date and you had 6 months from first use to upgrade. We used to buy and upgrade to a seasonal before 6 months was up. Now that ticket has blackout dates like the weekday pass and seasonal pass. So now we use the payment plan.

When I tried upgrading at Disney World on a blackout day I was told it could only be upgraded to an annual pass. CM told me to come back the next day when blackout was lifted. No problems upgrading at that time. Maybe DL is different. This was due to using the ticket during the blackout date. Disney's previous 3day florida resident pass didn't have a blackout date and you had 6 months from first use to upgrade. We used to buy and upgrade to a seasonal before 6 months was up. Now that ticket has blackout dates like the weekday pass and seasonal pass. So now we use the payment plan.

I see what you mean. The ticket, itself, has a block-out day. As long as the OP uses the 3-day tickets on valid days an upgrade would be possible to a Select Pass?

We always used special SoCal tickets on weekends when we would have been blocked-out AP-wise and then would upgrade to a Select AP before we left on our last day.

well I guess I am still confused. so if I use the 3 day pass on a fri-sat-sun, I can't upgrade to the weekday select on Sunday? the friday is also a blockout day for the weekday select, but not the discover disney ticket

well I guess I am still confused. so if I use the 3 day pass on a fri-sat-sun, I can't upgrade to the weekday select on Sunday? the friday is also a blockout day for the weekday select, but not the discover disney ticket

It has always been as long as you are in the park with a valid ticket, that ticket can be upgraded. Do the upgrade at Guest Services or wherever they handle APs. DL has specific AP windows in the parks.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but it looks like you're still active here.. so I was wondering, did it work?

I also want to upgrade to Weekday Select after using our 4-day Fl resident passes over a weekend. I'm hoping this can be done.

Thanks in advance!

Yes! I used the 3 day pass on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday and on Sunday around 4:30 pm at Epcot I went to Guest Relations and upgraded to the weekday select pass
HTH

Can the new Florida 3/4 day passes be upgraded within 6 months or did that change too?

Can the new Florida 3/4 day passes be upgraded within 6 months or did that change too?

The "new" 3-4 day FL tickets aren't new at all. They've got a slightly different name ("Select") but other than that, they're the same as they were before, and yes, can still be upgraded within 6 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter