Upgrading Discounts tickets?

TheDisneyDoll

DIS Veteran
So I have a couple questions and y'all seem like the perfect people to ask!

I'm hoping to invest in a premier pass next month, but I was looking and I have a few ways to get a discounts AP or discounted tickets to WDW. My main question is will those discounts show up at guest relations when I try to upgrade to the premier and will I have to pay that difference anyway?

Method one:

My friend is a cast member and she can get me an AP for just under $100 off

Method two:

Using the Amex undercover tourist discount and just upgrading the tickets from that.

If anyone has any advise it's appreciated!

So I have a couple questions and y'all seem like the perfect people to ask!

I'm hoping to invest in a premier pass next month, but I was looking and I have a few ways to get a discounts AP or discounted tickets to WDW. My main question is will those discounts show up at guest relations when I try to upgrade to the premier and will I have to pay that difference anyway?

Method one:

My friend is a cast member and she can get me an AP for just under $100 off

Method two:

Using the Amex undercover tourist discount and just upgrading the tickets from that.

If anyone has any advise it's appreciated!
Use whichever method will save you the most money when you purchase it. If you buy from UT, make sure that you use the ticket once prior to doing the upgrade. The CM in guest relations will bridge the price you paid to the current gate price prior to doing the upgrade IF you have used it at least once.

But yes, the CM can see what Disney was paid for the pass that you hand to them. I know that my PAP indicates right on it that it was purchased using a DVC discount.

Use whichever method will save you the most money when you purchase it. If you buy from UT, make sure that you use the ticket once prior to doing the upgrade. The CM in guest relations will bridge the price you paid to the current gate price prior to doing the upgrade IF you have used it at least once.

But yes, the CM can see what Disney was paid for the pass that you hand to them. I know that my PAP indicates right on it that it was purchased using a DVC discount.
So if it's used once before upgrading the discount will still be honored?
The discounts don't matter if I have to pay the full amount prior to them anyway. :P

So if it's used once before upgrading the discount will still be honored?
The discounts don't matter if I have to pay the full amount prior to them anyway. :P
Yes. As of today, if you purchase a ticket from UT, you will get the gate price applied to your upgrade if you use it once. However, I don't know what would happen if Disney were to change its ticket matrix between the time that you purchase from UT and the time that you get to Disney to make your upgrade to a Premier Passport. In the past, Disney has always honored old ticket media (PH, PHPs, World Passports, etc.) but did not allow outdated ticket types to be upgraded. They can only be used for the entitlements listed.

With all of the talk on the TPAS board about possible ticket changes coming as soon as tonight, I'd be kind of wary about buying anything other than the type of ticket I intend to use.

Yes. As of today, if you purchase a ticket from UT, you will get the gate price applied to your upgrade if you use it once. However, I don't know what would happen if Disney were to change its ticket matrix between the time that you purchase from UT and the time that you get to Disney to make your upgrade to a Premier Passport. In the past, Disney has always honored old ticket media (PH, PHPs, World Passports, etc.) but did not allow outdated ticket types to be upgraded. They can only be used for the entitlements listed.

With all of the talk on the TPAS board about possible ticket changes coming as soon as tonight, I'd be kind of wary about buying anything other than the type of ticket I intend to use.
okay. I'm not to worried about the ticket prices changing. I'll be there in november and if as long as the AP is activated then upgrades the Cast member discount is a better way to go than UT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter