• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrading CityPass

CanadianDisneyDuo

Earning My Ears
My daughter and I will be at DLR November 16-24 and I would like to buy the Southern California CityPass for us... But we would like 5 day parkhoppers. Are we able to upgrade the park hoppers that are included in the CityPass?

My daughter and I will be at DLR November 16-24 and I would like to buy the Southern California CityPass for us... But we would like 5 day parkhoppers. Are we able to upgrade the park hoppers that are included in the CityPass?

This is taken from their website
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders

Upgrade your 3-Day Park Hopper®: The 3 Day Park Hopper® ticket must be upgraded before the completion of your third visit to the Disneyland® Resort. A credit of $260 for Ages 10+ and $244 for Ages 3-9 will be applied toward another ticket of equal or greater value.

Here is a link to their website
http://www.citypass.com/southern-california/disneyland

We are thinking of doing the same thing when we go in October..

Geemo

Thanks for the info! This seems like the best deal for us since we definitely want to go to Seaworld! I'm so excited, I haven't been to Disneyland in 20 years and it's my DD's first time.

Thanks for the info! This seems like the best deal for us since we definitely want to go to Seaworld! I'm so excited, I haven't been to Disneyland in 20 years and it's my DD's first time.

You might want to look at SeaWorld's website for hours. In November the scheduled hours are limited. Weekends they are open a few more hours than through the week. I think through the week they are open from 11am to maybe 6pm.

Geemo

CanadianDisneyDuo said:

Geemo gave you great info! I just wanted to chime in and say that we were there a few weeks ago and we upgraded with no issues. And yea, it is cheaper to buy the Citypass and upgrade. Enjoy! November is a great time to visit!!

Geemo said:
This is taken from their website

Here is a link to their website
http://www.citypass.com/southern-california/disneyland

We are thinking of doing the same thing when we go in October..

Geemo

I would just like to add our experience. Although I realize that the Citypass website states the credit Disney will give you, it really depends on what you pay for the CP. When the CM scans it at the ticket window when you go to upgrade, she can see exactly what you paid for the CP. Living in Canada, I bought mine at our CAA and paid less than what the CP website sells them for therefore I had to pay the total difference. Disney still gave me credit but I ended up paying more than what the CP website said. I was a bit surprised but it still ended up being cheaper.

I would just like to add our experience. Although I realize that the Citypass website states the credit Disney will give you, it really depends on what you pay for the CP. When the CM scans it at the ticket window when you go to upgrade, she can see exactly what you paid for the CP. Living in Canada, I bought mine at our CAA and paid less than what the CP website sells them for therefore I had to pay the total difference. Disney still gave me credit but I ended up paying more than what the CP website said. I was a bit surprised but it still ended up being cheaper.

Do you mind me asking what you paid and how much credit you got? I got ours at Costco.ca for 289.99 each and was thinking of upgrading to 4 days.

I'm in Canada as well and was planning on buying our CityPasses through CAA. Thanks for the heads up regarding the different credit... Still a good deal though, right?

How much are City passes at CAA? I'm looking at buying mine from Costco.ca its $309.99 an adult, just curious if its cheaper through CAA?

Winky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter