• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrading child to adult

Is there any risk that if you do this then your child's age in the Disney system will preclude him/her from getting the kid's price on dining if you go back and dining isn't free the next trip? not sure that makes sense.

Eg.:

DS is 7 and for free dining Sept 2013 you have him listed as 10 and get the adult plan. You go next year when he's 8 and no free dining but you want him to have the kids Disney dining price. Would that be a problem? I just ask because I know they took all our information and birth dates and we are definitely in the Mickey system. Just curious. Sounds like a really good deal.

I am actually a bit surprised that they allow it during free dining. It encourages people to list their small children as adults and utilize their credits while just paying OOP for kids meals.

Is there any risk that if you do this then your child's age in the Disney system will preclude him/her from getting the kid's price on dining if you go back and dining isn't free the next trip? not sure that makes sense.

Eg.:

DS is 7 and for free dining Sept 2013 you have him listed as 10 and get the adult plan. You go next year when he's 8 and no free dining but you want him to have the kids Disney dining price. Would that be a problem? I just ask because I know they took all our information and birth dates and we are definitely in the Mickey system. Just curious. Sounds like a really good deal.

If you wanted your child to have adult meal at 7 why would you not want them to have it when they are older?

If you wanted your child to have adult meal at 7 why would you not want them to have it when they are older?

In this case I was assuming you want them to have an adult meal plan when it's free dining but you may not want to pay for the adult meal on another trip when the dining plan is not free. There is a significant price difference on the dining plan btw Disney adults and Disney children when paying for the dining plan. It's a no brainer to upgrade them during free dining if Disney will let you as it's very little extra money.

Eg.:

No. They won't argue with you about it. Just say my son 'whatever' is 8 when you book the next time. People's ages are constantly wrong and being changed. No big deal.

I am actually a bit surprised that they allow it during free dining. It encourages people to list their small children as adults and utilize their credits while just paying OOP for kids meals.

The cost they're losing out on in food prices is outweighed by the higher amount of rooms/tickets booked.

There aren't a huge amount of people upgrading their kids.

No. They won't argue with you about it. Just say my son 'whatever' is 8 when you book the next time. People's ages are constantly wrong and being changed. No big deal.

Good to know. I figured Disney tried to keep good track of it so they can make sure and ding you for the extra room cost when your kid gets to be 18 (I think that's the age) and any other extra charges that rely on age. Seems crazy not to upgrade your kid then. Like a pp said I'm a little surprised Disney allows people to so this. I understand that some people truly want their kids to be able to order off the regular menu but I imagine others use the extra credits for signatures and pay oop for the kids meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter