• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrading Base Ticket to Park Hopper

WeatherbySwann

DIS Veteran
I currently have a 3-day, 1-park-per-day ticket. I am considering upgrading 1 of these days to be a Park Hopper. Can I do that? If so, is it something i can do online or phone, or do I need to do that in person once I arrive?

Also, being a former WDW CM I know how finnicky tickets can be sometimes... and that the system may "pull" the wrong admission day by accident and turn into a Guest Relations nightmare. Is that the same case at DLR? For instance, if only 1 day on my 3-day ticket was a Park Hopper (and I wanted to use it on the final day), would I need to specify each day to the Main Entrance CM which ticket to pull when scanning that day, or is that a non-issue?

You cannot upgrade just one day - you have to upgrade the whole thing. It's $40, and it doesn't matter how many days your ticket is. Which renders your other question moot. Even if you upgraded to a park-hopper on your last day, it would still be $40, so you're better off upgrading earlier.

Yes. Park hopping is all or nothing. You would pay that one-time fee to cover the length of your ticket.

We were at the parks this week. I saw a sign at the ticket booth that said upgrading to PH was $50 and I was surprised. There must have been a recent price increase on the PH tickets that went a little unnoticed. It has been $40 for a long time.

Adding to this thread...if I have a comped pass to Ca Adv for one day (the customer service folks at CA gave us free passes to come back since the day we were there half the Park was closed for a special event and the other half was down :()...is it still possible to upgrade to a hopper on that pass? Ideally we’d like to see the Christmas overlay in Disneyland but don’t want to go a second day.

Any input is welcome! Thanks!

Adding to this thread...if I have a comped pass to Ca Adv for one day (the customer service folks at CA gave us free passes to come back since the day we were there half the Park was closed for a special event and the other half was down :()...is it still possible to upgrade to a hopper on that pass? Ideally we’d like to see the Christmas overlay in Disneyland but don’t want to go a second day.

Any input is welcome! Thanks!

Nope. Comp'd tickets cannot be upgraded in any way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter