Upgrading AP / Photopass question

StlJoe

Earning My Ears
We currently have FL Silver AP's and just got back from a day trip. We have lots of photos that show on MDE and are thinking about upgrading one of our passes to Gold to be able to save these.

I believe I've seen on here before that as long as one person in the group has Photopass (Gold pass) that all pictures are saved to that account from the group, correct?

So my main question is:

If we upgrade one of our passes to Gold will we still have access to the photos that are currently attached to our account from our "silver" trip? Or will only the pictures taken while we have gold passes be available for download?

We currently have FL Silver AP's and just got back from a day trip. We have lots of photos that show on MDE and are thinking about upgrading one of our passes to Gold to be able to save these.

I believe I've seen on here before that as long as one person in the group has Photopass (Gold pass) that all pictures are saved to that account from the group, correct?

So my main question is:

If we upgrade one of our passes to Gold will we still have access to the photos that are currently attached to our account from our "silver" trip? Or will only the pictures taken while we have gold passes be available for download?
wondering the same. did you ever figure it out?

According to the CM I spoke with on the phone, yes. You only have to upgrade before the pictures "expire" which I'm guessing is the "available until" date on the bottom of the picture when you look at it online in MDE.

They do not upgrade passes over the phone, however, so you would have to do it at guest services at one of the parks or Disney Springs.

i've had past pictures that disney swore expired pop up after upgrading to AP. I can't confirm if there will be issues upgrading a couple days later but pictures last longer than 3 days before you must download them without the free photopass dls so I think you'll be just fine.

FWIW, we upgraded to DVC gold in January; our September photos are still on our account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter