Upgrading a ticket to a preferred pass?

morgan5

Earning My Ears
Hi, I just wanted to double check that I understood the process of how to upgrade a ticket. I currently have a 3 day park to park ticket that I want to upgrade when I arrive to Universal. It is a regular 3 day park to park that I bought at UT several months ago before the ticket prices increased - it was not part of UT's ticket promotion where the ticket expires. I will be there during a blockout period (just before Christmas), so can I still upgrade my ticket to a preferred pass and pay the difference? (I know I can't upgrade to a power pass because of my dates)

Also, if I can upgrade, where is the best place to do this - outside the park or inside?

Thanks!

Most people recommend upgrading inside the park. For some reason, upgrading outside especially at the ticket windows, doesn't give you as good a credit. When I upgraded this January, I paid the difference between the current gate price of the ticket and the current price of the annual pass. Also, just so you know, if this trip is only 3 days, you can upgrade to a power pass on the last day even if it is a blackout date. My upgrade was on the last day on the Christmas blackout and was able to upgrade to a power pass no problem. I could stay in the park the rest of the day but I couldn't leave and return or park hop after I converted.

Thank you for the info. I did not realize that I could upgrade to a power pass on the last day of my trip, even though it will be a black-out period. I'll have to think about that. Good to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter