Upgrading a six or seven day hopper plus for an annual pass

TWIRLYWIG

Mouseketeer
I know this has been discussed many times, but I need to be really clear on this. Can I exchange my six or seven day hoppers for an AP as long as I have days left on the hoppers? If so, will the price for the pass be the difference between the cost of the hopper and the AP? What will be the activation date for the AP, the day I trade in the hoppers for the AP, or from the 1st day that I used the hopper? Lastly, do I have to trade in the hoppers at DW or can I do it at a Disney store?

As always, thanks.

Twirlywig

Originally posted by TWIRLYWIG
I know this has been discussed many times, but I need to be really clear on this. Can I exchange my six or seven day hoppers for an AP as long as I have days left on the hoppers?
Yes, as long as the remaining days are park days. PHPs with only the "pluses" remaining cannot be upgraded to APs.
If so, will the price for the pass be the difference between the cost of the hopper and the AP?
That will depend on when you make the upgrade to an AP.

If you decide to upgrade within 7 days of the first use of your PHPs, then the entire purchase price will be applied to the upgrade to an AP. Be aware that if you used even one plus feature, you will be required to upgrade to a PAP.

If it has been more than 7 days since the first use, Disney applies a complex formula based on the number of days remaining, the original number of days on the pass and the original purchase price. They credit no cash value for any remaining plus features.

What will be the activation date for the AP, the day I trade in the hoppers for the AP, or from the 1st day that I used the hopper?

Again, that will depend on when you do your upgrade. If it is within 7 days of the first day of use, the AP will be backdated to that day. If you are using a PHP from a previous trip, the AP will be dated from the day that the upgrade was made.

Lastly, do I have to trade in the hoppers at DW or can I do it at a Disney store?

It's gotta be done at WDW Guest Services. The Disney Store has no way of know when a pass was used or how many days remain on it.

I hope this helps. If anyone has a more recent experience that is different please post.

Originally posted by mad4themouse
...I hope this helps. If anyone has a more recent experience that is different please post.

I couldn't have said it better myself. ::yes:: ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter