• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrading a AAA hopper w/ Enhanced FP?

Kes

Mouseketeer
We booked our package through AAA and purchased 3 day hoppers. I know you get the enhanced fastpass option (unlimited FPs) with the package, but I was wondering if we would lose the FP perk if we decided when we got to DLR to upgrade the Hopper to 4 days? If that's the case, it might be worth it for me to just call them and upgrade it now.

Thanks.

Kes said:
We booked our package through AAA and purchased 3 day hoppers. I know you get the enhanced fastpass option (unlimited FPs) with the package, but I was wondering if we would lose the FP perk if we decided when we got to DLR to upgrade the Hopper to 4 days? If that's the case, it might be worth it for me to just call them and upgrade it now.

Thanks.

Oh, good question! I was going to upgrade out AAA FP's, too but never thought of the possiblity of losing the "enhanced" perk. Dang! I hope someone here knows!

I am hearing so much about fast pass that I am waiting for AAA to call me back, I think thta might be beniificial to me seeing I will be there Hristmas week, I'll let you know the price comparedto what I am paying for me to do it directly without the fast pass. :goodvibes

Kes said:

Thanks.

For 80 dollars more and that is 4 day hopper pass instead of a 3 days pass plus I am getting the EFP, unlimited I am booking it through AAA. Christina is on the phone confirming it right now, she has been a big help :wave:

Kes said:

Thanks.

My guess is that you would loose the FP perk if you upgraded at DL. However, you wouldn't loose it until you upgraded. You could probably wait until late in the 3rd day to upgrade. Better yet, upgrade it through AAA now if you can. I can't imagine that you will regret having that extra day.

Last summer, I upgraded a 4-day Enhanced FP parkhopper to 5-day Enhanced FP (for a mere $10/pass; I think it's $20 to upgrade from 3 to 4 days). I did the upgrade around 30 days in advance of the trip when I went to make my final payment at AAA. I later upgraded my parkhopper to an AP and had to turn over my AAA pass. Naturally, I waited until the last day so that I would have the enhanced FP for as long as possible.

Gald to hear you could do it that way CalGal. I'm pretty sure we are going to DL in March. (waiting on 2007 prices to compare DL to DW. We have DW annual passes right now and really should go with the cheepest). If we do go to DL I want to get an annual pass. The price difference between a 5 day hopper and annual pass is small so I figured why not. You never know when you can do a quick trip and save the $$ on tickets. I planned on booking AAA for the unlimited FP and then upgrading to an annual. I'll do like you did and wait until the last day.

Take Care
Jamie

I remember last year that you had to stay at DLR, but this year the AAA ads said nothing about DLR, just buying a package. I wonder what the real info is on this feature. I would pick up a phone and call AAA but can not..anyone have an answer.

Jack pirate:

hey jack :goodvibes that is why I asked if they were staying at the DLR...when I went this past March, AAA said you had to have a package and have to be staying at one of the DLR resorts to get the EFP feature...she even called with me in the office to confirm because the brochure doesnt say you HAVE to, it made it seem like you may have to...but it was confirmed so if your not staying at one of the properties your out of luck :guilty:

Hey kid, thanks for the answer. Went to their site and it is not defined.

Have a great weekend.

Jack pirate:

Yes I will be staying at a disney hotel. I'm just waiting for them to start booking for 2007. I was told it would be mid to late Aug when I could book my march trip. I'm thinking about the Disneyland Hotel this time

Take Care
Jamie

disneegrl4eva said:
are all of you staying at the DLR?

I don't know if you were asking me but I am staying at GC :wave2:

disneegrl4eva said:
are all of you staying at the DLR?

We'll be at the Disneyland Hotel :woohoo: Haven't been to DLR in 6 years so we're very excited. I think I will just upgrade to the 4 day from the start - like I need an excuse to spend another day at the parks :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter