upgrading 2 year old to get free dining

cab0ad

disney lover
Can it be done? My 2 year old eats quite a lot. We don't really want the regular dining plan. We want quick service. Can we just pay for her as a 3 year old and get the dining plan free for her too or will they say no since she's only 2 years old?

If we can I suspect we have to pay for park tickets for her since she would be considered "3". Do I have to pay for a 6 day ticket like the rest of my family has or can I only pay for a 1 day pass and keep us on a 6 day pass?

advice anyone???

She would need the same ticket as everyone else in the party. I would think it would be cheaper to pay OOP rather than purchase a ticket.

I agree that it would probably be cheaper to just pay for meals for the 2 yr. old rather than buy a 6 day ticket.

Yup, I'd just pay OOP for her. My little gal is a big eater and we just pay OOP for her. We have some buffets and family style meals scheduled which is great because then she'll eat free anyway. I think that you having to pay for her 6 day ticket will offset any savings you make through free dining.

If you change the age you then will have to pay for the dinner plan,tickets,etc. I would advise you to keep the child at the age of 2 and pay OOP for the meals if you guys are doing Quick Service meals a child's kid meal is no more than $6 bucks and if you guys decide to eat at a buffet the child would be able to eat free, and if you decide to eat at a TS meal a child's meal is no more than $8

Thanks for the advice! we just upgraded our dining plan to the regular dining plan so she can eat family style/buffet at most meals. the few places that aren't buffets we'll probably share from plates or try to use extra credits to get her own meal or snack. the other meals that are counter service we'll pay oop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter