Upgrades

Nuchi15697

Navy Dad
10 years ago we got an upgrade from CBR to AKL. After we booked the trip, they closed CBR for renavitions so we got lucky. If you got an upgrade, what was it?

A few years ago we were upgraded to Yacht Club from Allstar Sports! It was AMAZING!!!!!

In 2008 we were upgraded from a woods view room to an inner courtyard room at WL. While we still LOVE the WL this room was a ground floor and very noisy during active pool hours. I am glad to have had it and now we know that inner courtyard is not a good location for us. I just LOVE the lodge!

best one so far for us was atrium club (12th floor) to tower club (14th floor) in a one bedroom suite at the Contemporary. Totally spoiled our two daughters!! :lmao:

Few weeks ago, arrived at beach club for my 2nd visit. I had paid for garden view but was upgraded to a room on 3rd floor, which had a Juliet balcony on gardens and rwindow facing the boardwalk with concierge club access - was brilliant. :goodvibes

This past December our family was upgraded from a deluxe CL room at BWI to the Steeplechase Suite... I don't think I can ever go back to WDW now, it will never be that good again!

in October we were MAGICALLY upgraded to the vice-presidential suite (please don't hate me!!) at WL. It was just for one night, oh, but it was beyond wonderful! What was so Disney was that the CM & bellman seemed to be just as excited for us as we were. I made sure to get up super early the next morning so I could sit out on the patio & soak it all in--I decided God really liked me that day!!

This February we were upgraded from All Star Sports to a 1 bedroom suite w/attached king studio at Kidani Village for 5 nights. The master bathroom was bigger than the entire room at the All Stars. They know what they are doing, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to stay anywhere else!

These are some great upgrade stories! We've never gotten an upgrade.

Aside from the time that the CBR closed after the OP booked, does anyone know the reason they were given the upgrade? Were they overbooked in your room category? Were you celebrating something that trip and maybe the CM wanted to give a little pixie dust? Was it just totally random and fun?

These are some great upgrade stories! We've never gotten an upgrade.

Aside from the time that the CBR closed after the OP booked, does anyone know the reason they were given the upgrade? Were they overbooked in your room category? Were you celebrating something that trip and maybe the CM wanted to give a little pixie dust? Was it just totally random and fun?

I'm curious too. It's great to hear everyone's magical stories. I was surprised to see that so many of you were upgraded by a complete switch of a resort. I've only heard of upgrades in room views/types, but this thread was the first I've read of a complete upgrade in level of resort. I'd love to hear the "why" Disney explained for reasoning, or if they just threw it out there as just a magical moment with no justification. Regardless of the reason why given the upgrade (if any), what a wonderful memory you got to experience.

Just one of the many reasons I love Disney...attention to details and those magical moments that come along. Even though I've never gotten an upgrade, I like knowing that they're magically surprising some guest. Love Disney's outstanding guest treatment. :goodvibes

I'm going to get an upgrade on my next visit! I just know it! :thumbsup2

I've gotten upgrades at Disneyland, but never Disneyworld. Looking forward to my first one... whenever it may be. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter