• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrades

eetravel

Earning My Ears
I've seen people talking about upgrades. How does this work? Do they actually give upgrades alot? When and why would they do this? Just wondering if something I should just try.;)

There is no way to "try" for an upgrade (free). It either appears or it doesn't. DCL will do whatever they think will work best to fill their ship. Sometimes they sell a lot more of a lower category than they have rooms, and then move some people to nicer cabins (in order to get people to continue buying the cheaper cabins). Other times, someone will want a previously "sold" cabin. Unless there is a "Please do not move" note on the reservation, DCL will move the original guest in order to get the new one to book (usually at a higher rate!)

As to purchased upgrades at the terminal--they aren't going to book any more people at that point. If they can get an exiting guest to part with an additional amount of cash for a nicer cabin, that's a good thing! The guest got a nicer cabin at a bargain rate and DCL got hundreds of dollars that the guest might not have spent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter