Upgrades

Momto3Disneyprinces

Earned my Ears Long Ago
I would love to hear about anyones upgrades (or pixie dust) that they got when they checked in.....(I'm not expecting anything, but I just like hearing about other people's pixe dust, I know, I'm weird!!)

So, what have people gotten?

Free upgrade to Concierge at the Beach Club (2001) and the BWI (2006).

Big fun!

We have some views upgraded throught the years
1995- Castle view- GF Honeymoon-don't remember what we payed for also got a bottle of champagne
2003- Castle view Poly- payed for lagoon view
These were before you could pay for a view
2005 Our VR at the WP- stayed GF- free upgrade to Concierge castle view- we were paying for a lagoon view no Concierge
2005 - Pop free upgrade to a prefered room

We never ask for anything- I have never asked for a spec. room or location
Just non-smoking

I feel so lucky for all or Pixie Dust

Last October we were given an upgrade to the concierge level at the hawaii building. I believe we had originally booked a garden view not concierge. We were so excitted and we enjoyed ourselves so much that we're going back this October and booked the concierge level.

It wasn't at check in but we got upgraded from POP to Old Key West for this trip.....TOMORROW! I am so excited!

We have been upgraded twice this year!!!

In February we were upgraded from CR MK view to CR MK view 12th floor concierge...in July we were upgraded at WL standard view to a beautiful courtyard view of the pool and the geyser. Don't know how it happened, :confused3 but hey I'm not complaining!:thumbsup2

In 2005 I was upgraded at POP from a standard room to a preferred room and I didn't even know it! D'oh!!

And for my trip in a week, I got upgraded (not at check-in, but through an email) from ASMu to a 1-br villa at SSR. Actually 3 of them for my whole family. Gotta love the pixie dust!!

We got upgraded at AKL from Pool View to Savannah View.

That's all for us so far.

In July we were upgraded from a lagoon view room at POLY to a MK view concierge SUITE! I had them confirm several times that I wasn't paying for this change!
Then, 4 days later, when we got to AKL, we were upgraded from a standard concierge room to a 1 BR suite.
The pixie dust was all around us!

This past Memorial Day weekend, we were upgraded from MK View at the Contemporary to a 14th floor Tower Club 1-bedroom suite. We were on the corner of the CR closest to the Magic Kingdom. I think the room goes for about $1500 a night. It was only for one night, but what a stay! It was amazing.

We have been upgraded twice this year!!!

In February we were upgraded from CR MK view to CR MK view 12th floor concierge...in July we were upgraded at WL standard view to a beautiful courtyard view of the pool and the geyser. Don't know how it happened, :confused3 but hey I'm not complaining!:thumbsup2

We received exactly the same upgrade at exactly the same time of the year!! Must have been an extraordinary amount of pixie dust in the air that month!! We never hoped for or expected or asked for an upgrade, we simply asked if they had any MK view rooms available, as we had booked a Bay Lake View. Dd wished for a view of the castle, and we would have been more than happy to pay for the extra cost. We didn't get the MK view, but in my opinion, the concierge upgrade was even better, and we were most grateful!!

In May 2000 my family and I were upgraded at the Contemporary from the Atrium Club to the Tower Club. At that time the Atrium Club was light service were was the Tower Club was full service, so it was a very nice and un expected thing to happen.

2 years ago, we got upgraded at WL from a Standard View (AAA rate!) to Club Level, in a room with a view of the castle! :thumbsup2

Lots of pixie dust for those of you going soon!

This past Memorial Day weekend, we were upgraded from MK View at the Contemporary to a 14th floor Tower Club 1-bedroom suite. We were on the corner of the CR closest to the Magic Kingdom. I think the room goes for about $1500 a night. It was only for one night, but what a stay! It was amazing.

We were in that exact suite for several days during a Thanksgiving stay. Unfortunately we had to pay for it.:confused: :rotfl: :confused::confused:

I will confess, we did get ONE fabulous upgrade in all our bajillion WDW stays. For my 40th bday stay we were upgraded from RPC at the Grand Floridian to the Walt Disney Suite at the GF. It was absolutely magical. :wizard:

We always book what we want - usually concierge - and have stayed at WDW for probably 3 years if you count all our stays together and that most magical suite upgrade was our only ever upgrade. It was worth the wait, though.;) I wouldn't ever count on or expect any upgrades. They are far and few between.

Lives4Disney :)

We received a free upgrade to Castle/Lagoon view when we booked Poly concierge garden view. They didn't even tell us. I was walking down the hall and when I saw our room was on the right hand side, I started jumping up and down and screaming like a total freak!! It was awesome!

The CM on the phone last week upgrading me from POP to GF after I forked over another $1500 :scared: I sure hope it is worth it or at least that is what my husband keeps saying everyday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter