upgrades...how does it happen?

peteysmom

Earning My Ears
Do you need to be in a specific category for an upgrade? We are in category nine. I had not realized you could get an upgrade until I saw people discussing it here. Do you need to let Disney know you are interested or does it just happen?:confused3

They will call you prior to sailing or get upgraded at the port. Last time we got a call about 2-3 wks before the cruise and got upgraded from Cat 9 to a Cat 5!!

It just happens, no rhyme or reason, just pixie dust!!

Upgrades really are a mystery. They can happen at any time, and as much as we all have tried to figure it out, there is no rhyme or reason to it. You can be a first time cruiser, or a veteran cruiser. You do not have to let Disney know or your TA, if you are so lucky, then just enjoy it :cloud9:

Ok, so getting to the pier early has no advantages in an upgrade? You are either already plugged for one when you get there or not? Did not get one on our last cruise and did not even know that they existed.

Ok, so getting to the pier early has no advantages in an upgrade? You are either already plugged for one when you get there or not? Did not get one on our last cruise and did not even know that they existed.

Getting there earlier can "possibly" help you with a paid upgrade, "if" there is any room. In all of my cruises, it was impossible, as it was a full sailing. So, NO, for a free upgrade there is no way in helping it along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter