• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrades at pier?

TNTcruise

Earning My Ears
I know there must be a hundred threads about this topic, but I couldn't find them. So here goes.....

1. I booked a 12 gty and was upgraded to a cat 9 on deck 1. I was thinking of asking for an upgrade to a cat 6 at the pier if available. Would I pay for the upgrade from the cat. 12 or from the cat. 9?.

2. I read somewhere that you would go to the desk at the right of the terminal to inquire about upgrades. Since the new boarding procedures have been started where do you go now? and can anyone give any other helpful hints to get upgrades?

Thanks & Happy Holidays!

You would pay the difference from the cat 9. The new boarding procedure only changes when you get in-line to board. Before everyone would stand in-line in front of the Mickey ears waiting for them to start boarding. Now they board by groups, which avoids everyone standing in-line. Very similar to the procedures used to board larger aircraft.

Only hint I would have is arrive as early as possible to take advantage of any available upgrades.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks for the info! One last question....

Do you have to go to a special desk to inquire about upgrades? If so, where is it located?

Yes, there is a special desk. It's all the way down past the normal check-in spots, at the end of the counter.

I agree with the previous poster -- get there early. If you want, go on-line to DCL's home page a couple days before your cruise and see what's available. We did this, got there early, and were able to upgrade my in-laws to a Cat. 6 from a Cat. 11.

Sounds great! But I have to ask...... How much did they charge for the upgrade? How early 10:30ish?

It was about $650 to move from a Cat. 11 to a Cat. 6 for the 7 night Western on the Magic. (A lot of money, but not as much as if we had booked the Cat. 6 in the beginning). This was for two adults in one cabin. They had a chart that they looked at to determine the amount.

We got there at about 11 am. :sunny:

Anyone know what it would cost to move from a 6 to 3? How could we even know if one was available?

I would really like to move - 2 17yo DS and DH and no privacy would be hard for a week - but not sure if I could really swing the real price up front.

Thanks

In three cruises I have yet to be able to upgrade at port. I would be one of the first 20 people in and there was already a sign up saying NO upgrades availble! From now on I will be sure to book what I really want and not to gamble on an upgrade being availble.

tkgdisney said:
Anyone know what it would cost to move from a 6 to 3? How could we even know if one was available?

I would really like to move - 2 17yo DS and DH and no privacy would be hard for a week - but not sure if I could really swing the real price up front.

Thanks

Last week I believe that it cost someone 1600 to upgrade from a 6 to a 3 at the port.

Sailed on the Wonder on 12/08/05. We were the 2nd group to arrive at the port. Arrived around 10:15. There was a sign at the desk that read "Captain Mickey says the ship is full sorry no upgrades available."
So even if you get there early - don’t be too disappointed if the ship is full.
Good luck and have a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter