Upgraded to Port Orleans-Riverside

ArielMom73

Earning My Ears
Just got back from a week at Disney. We had reservations at Pop Century. While checking in, we were asked if we would like an upgrade to Port Orleans-Riverside. Are you kidding me? :banana: What a surprise!!! :yay: The resort is absolutely beautiful and now has us spoiled!! We loved it there :love: and would stay there again for sure!

That's great. The same thing happened to me 2 years ago when checking into Pop and was upgraded to CSR and it was during free dining too. So I got a moderate for the price of a value and free dining.

CONGRATSpixiedust:
Did they say why?
POR is one of our favorite resorts, we really like the atmosphere and love the boat to DTD.

Wow - hope you enjoyed it!!! It's always fun to have surprises!!

(I don't think I'd be lucky enough to be upgraded from a moderate to a deluxe, but it's always fun to dream...)

Just curious as to what time you checked into Pop Century? That would be awesome to get upgraded to POR! We leave next week it would be great to get upgraded to POR. :)

My home resort too.......one of the stats I heard is that POR is the resort that most people continue to go back to once they stay there once....

Congrats - thats an awesome way to start your trip. We love the feel of the POR, it is our home resort for sure.

Same thing happened to us 2 years ago! We were checking into PC for our last night and they said guess what?!?! How'd you like to go to POR?! We had a great room there too!

Just curious as to what time you checked into Pop Century? That would be awesome to get upgraded to POR! We leave next week it would be great to get upgraded to POR. :)

We were checking in around 12:30pm. Hope you get it too! I know we will be staying there in the future!

I believe they just overbook sometimes, that's why they upgrade people. That's awesome you were upgraded. :cool1:

I thought maybe it was overbooked...but there was a family of four just like us that was right in front of us in line that didn't get it...Who knows? Just some Disney Magic! :wizard: And we loved it!!

Congratulations. We've never stayed (we can't tear ourselves away from our resort), but we've visited POR on several occasions--love the food court and the resort is very pretty.

Congrats - thats an awesome way to start your trip. We love the feel of the POR, it is our home resort for sure.

Thanks...I think it will now become our home resort! I think that is why they do that...we have always been a Value family so now they have us sold on Moderates. :goodvibes

So happy for you!!!

We've stayed at many places but keep going back to POR. We haven't been since 1999 but the last time we were there it was POR and in Oct. ... it's back to POR.

I think the atmosphere is deluxe at a moderate price. It's just a beautiful resort!

Wow, sweet! Glad you got an upgrade and that you had a great time. I plan on visiting POR during my labor day trip! Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter