Upgraded child

kristinew

Earning My Ears
We are leaving in 2 days! We upgraded my DD who just turned 5 to an adult on the regular DP for more choices. Will she still be able to order from the children's menu if she wants? I have read conflicting posts and I am just not sure. Thanks again!

She probably will. The conflicting posts you are reading are about people over the age of 10 trying to order from children's menus. A five year old is obviously not over age 10, no matter what kind of dining credits they have. Check with your server. If your server is confused by the request and by the use of adult credits for a five year old that is the only reason I can think of for problems.

You can either use her adult credits that you paid for to pay for her child's meal (probably not the best value) or you can pay cash for her child's meal and use the adult credits for her or for other adult party members at other meals.

I just did that for my DS8. We didn't have any problems. In fact at the buffets we went to, half of them charged him as a child but took adult credits. It saved us some tip money (although I still tipped extra). I did end up paying oop for some of his breakfasts so we could use those extra credits for signature dinners. We were on the deluxe dining plan.

I need to call and do this for my 8 year old, would you mind telling me what the cost was? We are currently on the free dining plan for February.

Thanks!

I need to call and do this for my 8 year old, would you mind telling me what the cost was? We are currently on the free dining plan for February.

Thanks!

You will just have to pay the difference between the child and adult price for the park ticket on your package. If you upgraded your free DDP to a higher plan (QSDP to DDP, or DDP to Deluxe) you'd have to pay the adult upgrade cost as well.

Thanks! My oldest has a HUGE appetite and really enjoys non kid food. He is going to be thrilled! Especially since they don't know they are going:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter