Upgrade to Royal room at POR a must do?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by zomama, Jan 26, 2013.

1. zomama

zomama Mouseketeer

I have a standard room booked but am thinking of upgrading. is $163 for the week worth upgrading? fwiw - dd5.5 and ds3

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. softballmom3

softballmom3 DIS Veteran

Your kiddos would probably like it but we were just fine with a standard room at POR. Granted we were in Alligator Bayou w/ trundle bed and it was newly renovated with no one else having stayed in it yet ;).

I

4. Braden's Momma

Braden's Momma Mouseketeer

I just upgraded and I do not regret it! My kids will be 7 and 4 and will live the rooms!

5. sadossey

sadossey Mouseketeer

We did last year and and did not regret it. Ask for Oak manor. Great location. Very close walk across the bridge to the main bldg

6. LovingDisney2012

LovingDisney2012 All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust!

My kids really liked the royal rooms. In case you haven't already seen it somewhere else, at check in each child gets a letter from Tiana. That really made my little ones feel like she had a special room set up just for them as her special quests.

7. lady_hlh

lady_hlh DIS Veteran

My 11 year old DD begged for a royal room, I'm glad I did it because I think that will be the last time she begs for anything to do with the princesses. I even thought the room was very cool, I'm sure little kids would be even more excited by all the special touches.

8. Brownsfan317

Brownsfan317 Mouseketeer

We just stayed in the Royal Rooms a couple of weeks ago. I cannot compare to the standard because I have never stayed there, but we were very happy with the Royal Rooms. My DS is 12. He actually saw pictures of the rooms and thought they looked like rooms we "could not afford" so that is why I booked them!

We enjoyed our stay there. The fireworks on the headboard is pretty cool.

Here are some pics of our room:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]