Upgrade to either CR or AKL

ginniemouse

Earning My Ears
Our Grand Gathering (only 8 of us) has been offered an upgrade from All Star Movies to either CR or AKL. I have to call tomorrow with our choice. We had three rooms reserved. My thought is that CR is on the monorail and closer to the action but AKL looks so nice for the younger boys. We only have 4 days and will be hustling around, not spending much time in the room so am leaning towards CR. Any thoughts from you experts?
BTW I'm thrilled and grateful. This doesn't happen to us!!
Thanks

As beautiful as AKL is, take the CR. For only 4 days you will love the convenience and speed of the monorail.

We were used a code and got to upgrade from POR to AKL and still save $60 for our honeymoon trip. Then we were given a free upgrade at AKL from standard to savannah view. We LOVED AKL, but for a 4 day trip it would make more sense to do CR with the monorail.

I would definitely say CR, We stayed in each one of those resorts in December and let me tell you how inconvient AKL is. I knew it would be a great distance from everything except DAK, but it was ridiculous on the travel time, especially with only 4 days. The size of the rooms made alot of difference to us too, the rooms at CR are quite a bit larger than AKL (I knew they were, but it really made a difference).

Good Luck with your choice.

Suzanne princess:

Because you're only going to be there for 4 days I would choose the CR without hesitation. AKL is a wonderful resort, but really far away from everything, and it doesn't sound like you'll have a lot of time to take advantage of the resort anyway.

The CR is a wonderful resort with great transportation and spacious rooms(the AKL rooms are on the small side).

If the price is the same, I would choose CR. Tough call, but the convenience is too much to pass up, at least for the same price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter