Upgrade then downgrade

married2mm

DIS Veteran
is this possible?

We have free qs and upgraded to regular plan.
Dd has now shown an interest in joining us and would join our room reservation-therefore we'd all be on ddp -is this right?
Ddp does not work as well for dd- prefers cs...

Therefore; as per title-could we add dd & switch back to qsdp?

So will you not be doing any TS meals at all? Even if you only do a couple, paying for the upgrade may still be cheaper. You can use TS credits for QS if you want.

As to adding DD, I don't know how that will work since your original reservation was under a promo that is no longer available. I think you're going to need to call. I'd start out asking for a supervisor in an effort to get the help you're going to need.

Thanks for your reply.

If (and when!) dd finally makes her mind up-
We would cancel the majority of our adrs and only have a couple of ts breakfasts.

Think I need to push for a definitive answer from dd & then call wdw as you suggest.

We would cancel the majority of our adrs and only have a couple of ts breakfasts.

If those are character breakfasts, make sure you do the math. Just two of them for three adults could easily be $200. If you're staying three nights or less, that's more than your upgrade cost.

I would keep the original plan, send her for CS and feed yourselves well :)

I would also stay with your original plan. You can use her TS credits and she can use your CS credits.

I would keep the original plan, send her for CS and feed yourselves well :)
totally agree. your credits will be pooled, let her have all of the QS and keep your TS ADRs and add in a few signatures while you are at it.

Are you going to have issues if she is not on your reservation?

You should be able to add her as long as doing so doesn't exceed the capacity of your room. If you add her to the reservation, she will have the same dining as the rest of you (and the same tickets).

You could add her at check-in and then she would not have any of your package components.

I had a similar question - my TA said it would be fine. I have our room with free dinibg 2017 booked with upgrade to DDP. If this ends up being too much for our budget, we plan to downgrade back to free QSDP.

So......update;

Dd has decided to move out instead and not coming with us.

However; ds (19) is now coming instead-therefore same quandary.

Rang last night & downgrading dining plan was not an option-
He will eat with us the majority of the time-but won't do character dining
Thus-me & dh shall enjoy those mealtimes without him.

That's so weird - my TA assured me it wouldn't be a problem to downgrade our dining plan (as long as we do it before the PIF date I am sure). I better double check with her since that is what we are planning on doing.

If you are booked with free dining and you get the regular plan free, you cannot change that to the quick service plan. (You could upgrade to deluxe though, by paying the difference.)

I don't know why if you upgraded the plan to start with, they won't let you change back to the plan that came with the package.

If you're not on free dining and you're more than 3 nights from arrival, you should be able to downgrade it. There may be a change fee to downgrade within 30 days of arrival.

Are you from the UK? you did use the word "rang." UK bookings might have different policies.

If you are booked with free dining and you get the regular plan free, you cannot change that to the quick service plan. (You could upgrade to deluxe though, by paying the difference.)

I don't know why if you upgraded the plan to start with, they won't let you change back to the plan that came with the package.

If you're not on free dining and you're more than 3 nights from arrival, you should be able to downgrade it. There may be a change fee to downgrade within 30 days of arrival.

Are you from the UK? you did use the word "rang." UK bookings might have different policies.

I am indeed from the UK-good call

UK bookings can be very different from bookings we do from the US. Maybe try the UK board and see what the deal is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter