Upgrade question.....kind of

Grumpymom73

DIS Veteran
My family of 4 is currently booked on the Magic using an IGT rate. I know these rates can be upgraded at the port if upgrades are available. However, we are not really interested in moving up to an oceanview and I'm afraid the price of a verandah will be too much. So, is it possible to "upgrade" my IGT to two inside cabins so we have some more room? If there are cabins available of course.

TIA

You may be able to book a second interior stateroom, however I don't believe you will not be able to change the rate you paid for the initial stateroom. I'm not too sure how that would work. The IGT won't allow you to cancel anyone to move to a different stateroom, though maybe at port they could book one or two into another interior stateroom.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for your reply! I'm wasn't sure how it worked either. I thought I read that someone had broken an *Gt rate into two cabins but I wasn't sure of the exact details. We will be fine in one cabin if it's not possible, too expensive or just not available. However, I guess it can't hurt to ask when we get to the port. We have a PAT of 12 but plan to show up early to check. Thanks again!

If they do have it, I would imagine it would be close to what you have paid for the cabin you have now. Because technically you are adding a cabin and not upgrading.

No you can't. You can upgrade one cabin to another. You can pay for another cabin if available, but you can't upgrade from one cabin to 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter