• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrade from cat. 4??

Minnie's Pal

<font color=blue>Wants to float above Castaway Cay
Has anyone ever been upgraded from a cat. 4? If so, what month did you sail? When did you find out you were upgraded (were you asked or was the change just made?)
I am happy with the room we booked but, since we were upgraded on own last cruise, I can't help but to entertain the possibly that we may get upgraded.

Well, considering that we were upgraded to a 4 from an 8, that meant that some poor soul was pushed out of that cat 4 room up to a higher category....it can happen. Adjustments can be made up to the day of the cruise. We found out Thanksgiving night that we had been upgraded when I checked the website to see if we had been switched to early seating yet.

We were upgraded from a 4 to a 3 on our cruise Sept '04. It was done after our docs were delivered to our TA so they had to be manually adjusted and no they did not ask - our TA was called and informed. I remember the day well - we all kept dancing around the house singing "we got a swe-eet, we got a swe-eet!" :banana: (suite) Quite a magical surprise. :wizard:

That is awesome Sailorminnie!!!
We are a category 4 but we are also DVC & used points so I think our chances ar not even slim (probably none). From what I see in my DVC book, category 4 was the largest we could get with our points. I will be very happy with this since the 1st & last time I was on a cruise was RCCL and the room was so tiny (the shower especially, shaving for was tough) but how long are you there for when it is just the 2 of you on a 1st wedding anniversary, this time with the kids we needed a little extra room (thank goodness for the tub, my 5 year old will only take baths, showers are not an option).

Never say never. From what I've read there is no rhyme or reason to upgrades. It can happen to anyone! Here's hoping for some Disney Magic for you! :wizard: And we're in NJ too! (southern) so maybe that is a lucky sign! But if not, we've always found the Cat 4s to be very roomy for 5 of us, including teenagers. You will have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter