Upgrade from a cat. 4?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
Has anyone ever been upgraded from a cat. 4? I am just curious, because it would be so cool if we got an upgrade(yeah, I know, in my dreams) but we already are a confrimed with a cat.4 and don't know if we would get a 3, or even GASP a 2!!! Wouldn't that be like winning the lottery?????:jester:

I was upgraded from a Cat 4 to a Cat 3 a few years back. We had a confirmed room number. As a matter of fact quite a few people were upgraded on that cruise to a Cat 3. But I have not seen such upgrades since. So don't expect an upgrade.

well you never know.... you are on the wonder which seems to have many more upgrades than the magic........ BUT.. I would set my sights on enjoying the cat. 4. You will love the veranda! Have a great trip!

Nevermind getting an upgrade, just trying to BOOK a cat 2 can be tough! We have one cruise booked 16 months out, and I could not get a cat 1; got the last cat 2 on the ship. So they are barely available as paid bookings, much less as upgrades. We recently downgraded one of our cat 3 bookings to a cat 4, since it's only a 4 day cruise. Even for a 4 day cruise, the difference in price was $2,000!! I am willing to put up with the cat 4 for 4 days for 2 grand. But Disney is not very willing to give away that kind of revenue with free upgrades. The cat 1,2 and 3 staterooms go fast.

We have a cat 3 again on the Magic next month, and a cat 2 for next year.

So, like a previous poster said, don't expect an upgrade, but enjoy your cat 4 - they're not too bad!

'Beano':cool:

Actually there is someone sailing on the same cruise as me who just go upgraded to two connecting category 3's. Mind you we're in two connecting category 4's and would have loved to have the upgrade too. But there's no way in heck that's gonna happen on the same cruise. I'm just thankful that we could swing for the cruise at all. Good luck though. It could happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter