Upgrade at the port

collinsfamle

Mouseketeer
Can you find out what an upgrade at the port would cost ahead of time? Is there a formula for the cost? All this assuming one is available of course.

I *THINK* the general rule of thumb is about 50% of the cost it would have been online from your booking category to what's available. I'm not sure if that varies depending on whether it's high or low season.

There is no published formula in advance. The best way to get close is to look at the difference between the current price of what you booked and what you want to upgrade to, and calculate about 50% of that for the cost at the port.

Example: If you are in a cat 11 with a current price of $2000, and the cost of a cat 6 is $4000 (difference of $2000), the price at the port would be about $1000. This is only a rough estimate!

All that said, as the economy improves, there are fewer upgrades available at the port on "normal" cruises. Always book a cabin where you will be happy and don't plan on an upgrade.

FYI, your cruise will disappear from the internet about 3 days before embarkation. Look before that to get an idea of prices and availability.

Upgrades are discounted if available. They do not negotiate.

Check in; go to the manager’s desk to the right.

If one is available they will tell you how much.

Ballpark, rough estimate, call and see how much it would cost you to upgrade today.

The port upgrade is about 33-50% of that. This is only my rough guess for estimation purpose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter