Upgrade ? Anyone know.... 14 day cruise...

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
We booked our cabin on Thursday and needed a disabled room so all we could get was an inside cabin. But we wanted a verandah room. If something becomes available and we wish to upgrade, do we get the rate that was posted when we paid the deposit for the current ressie or do we have the pay the incredible extra $3000?
Our 7 year old is in a wheelchair/ non- verbal and we'd like a verandah for her ! As of now, no luck!!!!
Also can anyone book an accessible verandah or do you ahve to show medical forms?

Hi! You have to have a medical note from your Doctor for the handicap rooms. My parents cruised with us twice and my father uses a wheelchair. They had a handicap porthole room once and then a handicap verandah the other 2 times - they enjoyed DCL so much they went by themselves on one trip!!. And each trip they had to fax a medical note to DCL in order to get the rooms.

Those rooms are HUGE and the verandah could hold at least 20 people easily!! I hope ya'll get a verandah - you will really enjoy it! Good Luck!!

as I understand it when you book you are in a "pricing tier" ... and as long as you do not cancel your ressie you remain in that tier, and if you change cabins on the ressie (but passenger info, etc. stays the same) you stay in the pricing tier ... so if you are in a cat 11 handicapped room right now and later on a cat 6 handicap verandah room becomes available you would just pay the difference between the 2 categories for the pricing tier you are in. Did I make any sense at all?????

If you are changing catagories you will be able to get the pricing tier that you originally booked at.

The DCL CM I spoke to this morning said that for right now everything on the 14 day cruises is gty. only - no specific room assignments are being given out.

They might make an exception since you need an accessible room - but I guess they could just note your request and then put you on a wait list for the new catagory you are requesting.

Hope it all works out for you:D

We have cabin 6647.... in the aft. But we have not yet been given a medical note or told to send one in. therefore, I was wondering if the do just allocate the rooms to just anyone!

Hmmm

I don't know first hand - but I think I read that someone had requested a handicapped accessible room if one were available and they were told it would be noted on their reservation - but that first preference would, of course, be given to anyone who really needed it.

I stayed in room 6000 once, a cat 8 handicap room. I booked a cat 11 and Disney called and asked if I'd stay in 6000. My assumption is that my cat 11 room would accomodate 4, it was just my wife and I sailing, so Disney bumped us up to the cat 8 room.

Anyways, my point is we were assigned a handicap room at the last minute but it was not requested by us.

The room had it's up and downs. It was a the end of the hall and disconnected from other rooms so no noise at all. The room was also very large. On the downside, it lacked a split bathroom and a couch.

Here's a picture of room 6000.
room.jpg

Sam

We have an assigned room number. The rep spent a good half hour on the phone with me helping me to choose a category and room number. As far as I know (and according to my ressies on their website), that is my room number locked in.

If you have the handicap accessible room due to medical needs, you'll need to get a Medical Release form either from Disney Cruise Line directly or you can request that your travel agent get this for you. DCL needs to have it filled out and in their possession prior to your cruise.

They do hold aside the handicap rooms up until a certain point. If a guest who requires an accessible room does not book it, they open it up to anyone to book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter