upgrade 1 day tix to 7 day at wdw or buy 7 day in Canada?

petunia

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to figure out what would be cheaper, we have 1 day tickets with our package, and I don't mind sving those for another trip. Would it be cheaper to upgrade the 1 day to 7 day base tix at WDW in USD, or purchase the 7 day base ticket here in CAD from the Disney store(if we consider the exchange at about .80)? Thanks.

I booked our package on line with Disney and found it to be much cheaper (even in USD) to upgrade the 1 day ticket to a 7 day with the package versus the 7 day Disney store ticket (Cdn). Just go to their website and dummy-up a trip package and see cost with 1 day ticket and then change it to a 7 day ticket and see the difference. Then compare that with the Disney store 7 day cost.

I have the current DS price brochure. The 7 day adult base pass is $242.82. That is in CAD and includes the tax. The DS prices are almost on par. The difference is only about 6 cents on the dollar.

I purchased 7 day parkhoppers the other day at the Winnipeg Disneystore, and the price was exactly the same as the price quoted by the Disney website, except it was in Canadian dollars instead of US dollars, zero exchange. I have read that you can upgrade these at the parks for the US price, but to be on the safe side, use the ticket one day first, then upgrade to lock in full value. I didn't really save anything, since I had to purchase a one-day ticket with my free dining package, but at least I will have a pass to use later on.

Canada Disney store price, 7-day is $242CAD.

Price through Disney, $228USD.

At the current exchange rate that would be about $274CAD.

Looks to be about a $46 savings to buy from a Canadian Disney store.

Piggy Backing you post:

I bought 10 day hopper plusses that don't expire from Undercover Tourist with a Mousesaver code almost two years ago when the dollar from at par.

We used 3 park days in March 2009.

Can I add the 3 days back to make it a 10 day again? Thanks, Sandra

Piggy Backing you post:

I bought 10 day hopper plusses that don't expire from Undercover Tourist with a Mousesaver code almost two years ago when the dollar from at par.

This is from allears: MYW tickets can have days added to the ticket. You must add the days within the 14 day from first use window. No ticket can exceed a total length of 10 days. If you have a 10 day and used 5 days from it, you cannot add another day to it as the total cannot exceed 10. But if you have say a 7 day ticket and you use 2 days, you can add on up to three additional days.

:wizard:

Piggy Backing you post:

Sorry....your ticket can never be more than 10 days. Even though you have used 3 days it's still a 10 day ticket.

Canada Disney store price, 7-day is $242CAD.

Price through Disney, $228USD.

At the current exchange rate that would be about $274CAD.

Looks to be about a $46 savings to buy from a Canadian Disney store.

The price ($228) from the Disneyworld website is before the Florida sales tax. After tax, it comes to the exact price as the Canadian priced tickets. I just checked on-line, so the savings are around than $46. Of course, if the CND $ keeps climbing, the savings diminish.

The price ($228) from the Disneyworld website is before the Florida sales tax. After tax, it comes to the exact price as the Canadian priced tickets. I just checked on-line, so the savings are around than $46. Of course, if the CND $ keeps climbing, the savings diminish.

Yeah, I subtracted the USD price from the Canadian price, so the savings before Florida sales tax would be $32, not the $46 I indicated previously.

However, after adding the sales tax......

$242USD, current exchange on the Bank of Canada site (1.2146) gives us $293CAD. To purchase at Disney Store in Canada is $242, therefore, $293 - $242 = $51.

That's pretty good savings for Disney Ticket.

Yeah, I subtracted the USD price from the Canadian price, so the savings before Florida sales tax would be $32, not the $46 I indicated previously.

However, after adding the sales tax......

$242USD, current exchange on the Bank of Canada site (1.2146) gives us $293CAD. To purchase at Disney Store in Canada is $242, therefore, $293 - $242 = $51.

That's pretty good savings for Disney Ticket.

Can you use the Bank of Canada rate. This may not be the rate that your bank charges you to exchange funds. It can be up to a 3% difference. Banks have a different rate for buying US funds and selling US funds, so this means that they don't exchange at the Bank of Canada rate.

Can you use the Bank of Canada rate. This may not be the rate that your bank charges you to exchange funds. It can be up to a 3% difference. Banks have a different rate for buying US funds and selling US funds, so this means that they don't exchange at the Bank of Canada rate.

I believe the banks tend to charge an additional fee for exchange, and if you use a Canadian credit card to purchase direct with Disney, there is a charge there too.

So, even more savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter