• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Updating FL Res tickets to 6 days.. then Weekday Select later?

Paigevon

Starchild~☆
1) I spoke with a CM that said I could add additional days to our 4 day FL res tickets at the discounted ticket price at the park. Online seems to say this isn't the case, that there is no FL res discount past 4 day block. Which is correct?

2) The FL resident tickets do not expire for 6 months, I believe. In that case, and assuming the CM from #1 is correct, can I add a 6th day to my tickets, then come back say, on a Monday in August after the blockout dates are over, and upgrade to a Weekday Select pass?

Thanks for clarifying!

EDIT: Looks like my original question (removed; about updating to Weekday Select on a Sunday after using) is a NO; however, wondering about others listed above.

Last edited:
1) I spoke with a CM that said I could add additional days to our 4 day FL res tickets at the discounted ticket price at the park. Online seems to say this isn't the case, that there is no FL res discount past 4 day block. Which is correct?

2) The FL resident tickets do not expire for 6 months, I believe. In that case, and assuming the CM from #1 is correct, can I add a 6th day to my tickets, then come back say, on a Monday in August after the blockout dates are over, and upgrade to a Weekday Select pass?

Thanks for clarifying!

EDIT: Looks like my original question (removed; about updating to Weekday Select on a Sunday after using) is a NO; however, wondering about others listed above.

I think you can only upgrade the 4-day resident ticket to an AP.

The only upgrade you can do, time-length-wise, to the FL Resident 4-day ticket is to go to one of the APs. If you add days to the 4-day, it becomes a tourist ticket that expires in 14 days from first use, and then you aren't getting a discount on any days. :)

I don't know exactly what the question was that you removed, but if you use a ticket on a Saturday/Sunday, you can still upgrade it to a Weekday Select pass. (If that wasn't the question, ignore this.)

The only times usage matters when upgrading to APs is if you used any WPF&M entitlements (then you have to get the Plus pass that includes those), or if you're upgrading to the Epcot After 4 pass (the ticket can only have Epcot usage). Also, the expiration date of your AP when you upgrade SHOULD go back to the first day the ticket was used - but not all CMs do that part right.

(I edited this about six times to add more info, sorry.)

I don't know exactly what the question was that you removed, but if you use a ticket on a Saturday/Sunday, you can still upgrade it to a Weekday Select pass. (If that wasn't the question, ignore this.)

Thank you!

The question specifically before was, can I update to a Weekday Select on a Sunday after using the ticket. We're leaving on a Sunday after a day in the park, and I want to be able to go in the park that day. From what I read, I could update to a Weekday Select after using my four day pass on a weekend, but the upgrade would have to be done on a weekday, or on a weekend day without using it that day. Sorry if my wording is confusing.

I think you can only upgrade the 4-day resident ticket to an AP.
I'm had spoke to someone in ticketing because I purchased a resort package after already purchasing fl resident tickets. A CM directed me to ticketing because switching over to package tickets was one of the rare circumstances when tickets could be refunded, although I'd have to buy the package tickets simultaneously and the refund would take a little while to process. I was doing this because there was a buy 4 days get 5th day free going on with the resort.

So when I called to do this, the woman in ticketing said I would save a lot of money if I get went to Will Call and upgraded my ticket to additional days at the fl resident discounted rate.

In the same conversation, she said I could drop the park hopper I had paid for as long as I did it at will call before using the tickets.

Hopefully what I've been told is correct... :(

The question specifically before was, can I update to a Weekday Select on a Sunday after using the ticket. We're leaving on a Sunday after a day in the park, and I want to be able to go in the park that day. From what I read, I could update to a Weekday Select after using my four day pass on a weekend, but the upgrade would have to be done on a weekday, or on a weekend day without using it that day. Sorry if my wording is confusing.

There's nothing stopping you from upgrading a FL Resident 4-day to a Weekday Select on your way out on a Sunday, even if you used the ticket that day.

Your other post confuses the heck out of me. All I'll say for sure is that we can't downgrade tickets at the ticket booths, will call or not. Any changes have to make the ticket into an equivalent or greater dollar value. Dropping PH without adding something that costs more than PH is a downgrade. While we're at it, a 4 (or 5) day tourist ticket can't be downgraded into something that costs less than it does - which the FL resident tickets do. And I think the Weekday Select pass is also less $$ than a 4-5 day tourist ticket.

There's nothing stopping you from upgrading a FL Resident 4-day to a Weekday Select on your way out on a Sunday, even if you used the ticket that day.

Oh? I found a lot of threads that said it couldn't be done. I really hope so!

Your other post confuses the heck out of me. All I'll say for sure is that we can't downgrade tickets at the ticket booths, will call or not. Any changes have to make the ticket into an equivalent or greater dollar value. Dropping PH without adding something that costs more than PH is a downgrade. While we're at it, a 4 (or 5) day tourist ticket can't be downgraded into something that costs less than it does - which the FL resident tickets do. And I think the Weekday Select pass is also less $$ than a 4-5 day tourist ticket.

I apologize, had just woken up so I was still foggy headed.

Do you work at WDW? Just wondering since you said "we."

So, even if I went to will call and told them that I was told I could drop park hopper there and have the different refunded to my credit card, they would decline and say it's impossible? That sucks.

I wish CM's wouldn't give out wrong/inconsistent information. It seems this is a notorious occurrence though.

ETA: I just saw your signature! :)

Last edited:

A few years ago I wanted to upgrade my 4 day Florida Resident ticket on that tickets last day to a Florida Resident Seasonal pass on my way out of EPCOT. I went to Guest Relations explained what I wanted to do and the castmember said no you can't do that because the day I was there was technically a blackout date on the seasonal pass. I said I was leaving right now and that I had been told before that it would not be a problem. He really wasn't very nice and I guess I should have asked someone else before leaving but I was frustrated and about to cry and just wanted to get out of there. My then boyfriend (now husband) was planning on doing the same thing the next time he was at Disney with his ticket and he still had one more day on his ticket so the news it wasn't possible kind of ruined our plans. I thought maybe he was wrong so I thought I would try at the ticketing gates at the entrance to EPCOT and I couldn't have met a nicer castmember. I said the same exact thing to her that I had told the castmember inside guest relations and she said not a problem and did it right then and there. My boyfriend also had no problem upgrading to the Seasonal pass the day we went back. I guess from that experience I learned that if you know something is supposed to work one way but are told it can't simply ask someone else and get another opinion. I was in college and am not one to argue so instead of trying to stand up for myself just said okay and left. Now, I would at least know to ask someone else.

The only upgrade you can do, time-length-wise, to the FL Resident 4-day ticket is to go to one of the APs. If you add days to the 4-day, it becomes a tourist ticket that expires in 14 days from first use, and then you aren't getting a discount on any days. :)

The only times usage matters when upgrading to APs is if you used any WPF&M entitlements (then you have to get the Plus pass that includes those), or if you're upgrading to the Epcot After 4 pass (the ticket can only have Epcot usage). Also, the expiration date of your AP when you upgrade SHOULD go back to the first day the ticket was used - but not all CMs do that part right.

(I edited this about six times to add more info, sorry.)

Thank you for all your help! If you don't mind, I have something else to ask:

Since I am planning to go 5 days, with the last day falling on the weekend (T, W, F, Sat, Sun), and then wanted to upgrade to a Florida Res Weekday Select pass on Sunday, is there anyway to make this financially feasible?

Sorry if I repeat info, hoping this is more clear. In order of occurrence:

We originally planned to stay off site until we saw the 30% Spring offer room discount. At that point, I had already purchased 4 day park hopper FL resident tickets.

The CM I signed up for the resort package with told me that I could be refunded my 4 day park hopper FL Resident ticket as long as I purchased the resort offer of buy 4 days get 1 day free in the same transaction on the phone with ticketing. I told her I was still considering it, she gave me her CM extension numbers and hours so I could call back when I decided.

She was off the next few days, so I called ticketing myself to ask about switching to the 4 day, 1 day free ticket option and getting a refund on the 4 day FL resident tickets. She advised against it and said it would be much cheaper to add on an additional day while at WDW with the FL resident discount. She said the numbers but I didn't write them down. I followed up with, "We purchased park hoppers but when planning realized we didn't need the park hopper, is there anyway to downgrade the tickets, even if that meant switching to the resort package tickets?" She responded with, "As long as you go to will call before entering any parks, they will credit back your credit card to remove the park hopper option, and you can add on the additional day you want for (~$50) per day."

So is everything this CM said untrue? Wish I had her CM extension number. :(

Am I understanding correctly that there is actually no way to add a 5th day at a discounted Fl resident price at this time, and if I go to add a 5th day it would either be full price single day or I'd be paying the different for a non-Fl resident 5 day pass?

I had calculated:
$652.88 for 2 Adult, 1 Child 4-day Fl Resident tickets
+ $52.25 per adult each for additional 5th day (based on price per ticket listed on the website when purchasing 4 day pass)
+ $48.75 for child additional 5th day
TOTAL: $806.13

Then, a Weekend Select pass for 2 Adults and 1 Child is $827.52

I was hoping to subtract what I had paid for the 5 days from that total, for a remainder of $21.39 due to upgrade.

Is that not possible to do?^

Last edited:
Am I understanding correctly that there is actually no way to add a 5th day at a discounted Fl resident price at this time, and if I go to add a 5th day it would either be full price single day or I'd be paying the different for a non-Fl resident 5 day pass?
If you check the individual ticket prices, if you were to bump up to a 5-day ticket (regular) the cost is more than the Florida Weekday Select Annual Pass that you want to have. You won't be able to upgrade to that specific Annual Pass.

You can't add on a day to the Florida 4-day pass. Even if you were able to add-on as that telephone CM stated, the total cost (value) of the ticket would be more than the Florida Weekday Select Pass.

Cost-wise, the only thing you can do is plan on 4 park days and then upgrade to the Weekday Select Pass.

If you check the individual ticket prices, if you were to bump up to a 5-day ticket (regular) the cost is more than the Florida Weekday Select Annual Pass that you want to have. You won't be able to upgrade to that specific Annual Pass.

You can't add on a day to the Florida 4-day pass. Even if you were able to add-on as that telephone CM stated, the total cost (value) of the ticket would be more than the Florida Weekday Select Pass.

Cost-wise, the only thing you can do is plan on 4 park days and then upgrade to the Weekday Select Pass.

So to upgrade to the 5-day pass would be then non-Fl res rate at $985.14, and I would have to pay $332.26 for a single additional day, or $329.10 for three one-day MK tickets? :scared:

I guess my only option is to skip our HS day on Wednesday because I have ADR etc scheduled for Tuesday at MK that can't be modified, spend Wednesday and Thursday at the resort, then go to AK on Friday, Epcot on Saturday, then MK again on Sunday and save HS for a different visit, then upgrade to Weekday Select on Sunday....

Or just go with the Silver Fl Resident annual pass (total: $1,242.87) and apply what we paid ($755) for a remaining total of $412...

Question: Would we be able to divide the remaining total ($412) into 12 monthly payments of $34.34 in this case?

So much more just to go on weekends... If only my MIL and FIL were available week-days for our original trip!

So to upgrade to the 5-day pass would be then non-Fl res rate at $985.14, and I would have to pay $332.26 for a single additional day, or $329.10 for three one-day MK tickets? :scared:

I guess my only option is to skip our HS day on Wednesday because I have ADR etc scheduled for Tuesday at MK that can't be modified, spend Wednesday and Thursday at the resort, then go to AK on Friday, Epcot on Saturday, then MK again on Sunday and save HS for a different visit, then upgrade to Weekday Select on Sunday....

Or just go with the Silver Fl Resident annual pass (total: $1,242.87) and apply what we paid ($755) for a remaining total of $412...

Question: Would we be able to divide the remaining total ($412) into 12 monthly payments of $34.34 in this case?

So much more just to go on weekends... If only my MIL and FIL were available week-days for our original trip!
You could lessen your cost by buying one-day non-MK tickets. It will save you a few dollars for each ticket and you can go to DHS. Then, on Sunday, upgrade your FL 4-day tickets to the Select AP.

The Florida tickets and Select APs are such a great value. You can always plan on a DHS day for a future trip.

@ravenclawtrekkie will have the best info regarding the payment plan.

You could lessen your cost by buying one-day non-MK tickets. It will save you a few dollars for each ticket and you can go to DHS. Then, on Sunday, upgrade your FL 4-day tickets to the Select AP.

The Florida tickets and Select APs are such a great value. You can always plan on a DHS day for a future trip.

@ravenclawtrekkie will have the best info regarding the payment plan.
Oh, that's a possibility!

Hmm, let's see...

$827 for Weekday Select - $755 paid toward tickets = $72
+ $303 for 1-day HS

Eh.. Makes more sense to just get Fl Silver Passes at that rate. Looks like that is what we're leaning towards.

Just spoke with ticketing CM who confirmed cannot upgrade Fl res, then another with resorts who confirmed it'd be about $300 more for buy 4, get 1 free tickets compared for 4 day Fl tickets so no difference than doing what you recommended, hiro, and THEN asked about upgrading to Silver and doing payment plan for the difference and confirmed that was fine.

LOL. Okay, what a mess. Never thought we'd buy annual passes, honestly. But for $33 a month...... this is how they rope you in, isn't it? :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter