Updated Resort Availability Tool

Fan of Figment

As in the original...please bring it back!
I logged in this morning to check for availability and was surprised by a completely different format!! It will take a little getting used to, but I do like it a lot better. At least now you can choose by location, destination type and vacation type. Much easier than check marking every resort individually. Check it out!

It took me a few minutes to get used to it too -- at first I thought there was something wrong with the site! Now that I "get it", I like it.

My initial reaction wasn't a good one, maybe because of my current search needs. If looking for whatever rooms are available in a certain category, it's more difficult to use because instead of doing a 'Find' for 'Best' on the page - now I have to expand the Availability of each resort. And I'd rather not see all 14 room types under BLT if I'm only interested in a 1BR.

Might be better if each resort would indicate Best' or 'Partial' at the resort level so you don't have to click into each one to see 'No Availability'.

Wow, it takes a lot more clicks to get to the info you want. Hey but you get many more pictures of the resorts.............o_O

Laura

How is it an improvement to take something that works and make it unworkable?

There must be SOME rationale besides, "Hey, let's jerk around our members!"

I don't care for it at all - but I guess I have no choice but to get used to it.

On the upside you can filter by WDW DVC resorts. On the down side you can't filter by room type. On the big down side it now takes multiple clicks to see if anything is actually available for the dates requested, since the points filter doesn't seem to change the resort-level 'available' checkmark. Also the slider for setting the maximum points is incredibly frustrating to get to a specific number.

If they put back the ability to look for a specific room type and see availability without opening a second dropdown then I'll consider this interface a little better than the old one.

The new dashboard, on the other hand, I see as a pretty nice improvement. It even seems to be loading way faster than the old one.

I don't like the new tool. I'd like to know if there is a way to bypass loading all the different room categories. This new tool takes too much time to check a certain category.

The new dashboard, on the other hand, I see as a pretty nice improvement. It even seems to be loading way faster than the old one.

I hadn't even noticed the dashboard improvement. :thumbsup2

I agree, it would be nice if the search only brought up what is available instead of including what isn't. But, I like that it has a book/waitlist button now to take you right to the booking screen with all the date/resort info already filled in.

I like the old setup. Thought it was much quicker to see if a studio was available at 4 different resorts at the same time.

But interesting to see all the points assigned to staying at non dvc resorts plus the $95. Wonder how many people do that?

I didn't have an issue with it...yet lol. We shall see when I have to book in a week or so.

New site seems to be more fitting to someone who isn't sure what they want. It needs to at least have the option to search like the old site more specifically. I already know what the resorts look like, I already know the amenities, etc. I just need specifically what resorts/dates are open. Looks prettier but doesn't function as well, at least for me! A survey popped up while trying navigate the numerous clicks. I gave them my thoughts.

I hate it. They took something relatively functional and easy to check out and turned it into resort advertisement that takes multiple clicks to view the information that it is supposed to be providing. Junk as someone said. :headache: I've always detested the WDW booking site as one of the least functional booking sites out there and this is following right along. I just need to check availability easily.

How is it an improvement to take something that works and make it unworkable?

There must be SOME rationale besides, "Hey, let's jerk around our members!"

If you change the webpages, add pretty pictures, and add to the complexity, members will not notice, as much as they did before, that the system often does not work right. Disney has done that successfully in the past with all of its webpages that often do not work right.

There is a very interesting factor that you may not immediately notice. The rooms you are allowed to see as to whether they are available for a resort can vary depending on the number of people you say are in your party. For example, put in two and you see all rooms, put in five and you no longer see studios that do not have sleeping units for 5, put in 7 and you get only 2BRs and above. Also, you can move the points slider to vary the sizes of rooms that come up.

I did learn something I was not aware of before. You can still get Poly, Contemporary and GF hotel rooms on points. In the distant past, the opening of a DVC at one of the WDW resorts automatically meant the end of reserving the sister hotel resort on points. I had not noticed before that practice had actually changed beginning with BLT.

Last edited:
This is horrible. If I wanted to look at all rooms available I would click on all room types. I went to look for a room and you have to go through 3 pages to get to the room, and you cannot filter by room type. I do not need to ee pretty pictures of the resort I can see them anywhere just make it a search that works. This is just bad

Wait until you see the dashboard OMG they changed everything

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter