Updated Pics of Magic Band Accessories?

Woodmnky

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any updated pictures of the options available for Magic Band Accessories. I have seen the basic ones that all the blogs covered back in June and I have seen an occaisional picture of some others. I am wondering if anyone can share any pictures they have. I know that this is just a way for Disney to get that much more money from me on our vacation, but I want some decorations for our bands. Of course a girl has to coordinate, so having an idea ahead of time as to what I could like to buy will give me a better idea of the color band to choose.

They're super cute but come off fairly easy, just FYI. We lost 2 out of the 4 we bought within the first 2 days. The other 2 stayed in the room the rest of the week for fear we'd lose those too.

They're super cute but come off fairly easy, just FYI. We lost 2 out of the 4 we bought within the first 2 days. The other 2 stayed in the room the rest of the week for fear we'd lose those too.
Thanks for the advice. I don't really want to buy something that will likely be lost. I may have to consider the coverbands options.

How do they attach to the band?

How do they attach to the band?

The ones my son bought just had a little "peg" on the back that pushed into one of the holes on your MB. Nothing else to help secure it. I didn't look to see if they all attached that way or not, he bought them at Everything Pop while I was checking in. :)

The ones my son bought just had a little "peg" on the back that pushed into one of the holes on your MB. Nothing else to help secure it. I didn't look to see if they all attached that way or not, he bought them at Everything Pop while I was checking in. :)

That's what I thought, but I read something about "sliders". I guess there may be different types of accessories.

There are jibbits, sliders and covers. Honestly, I was looking and I saw zero covers and sliders and maybe 10 people with the jibbits. 99.9% of people had the plain bands. The "fad" of buying things for the bands seems to have been really short lived. They do give a 2013 slider out at the resorts and a lot of people had that on their bands, but no other adornments. I went in planning on buying all of the crap for them and ended up buying none of it when I saw it in person. :rolleyes2

That's what I thought, but I read something about "sliders". I guess there may be different types of accessories.

When we checked in they gave each of us a slider type, it said 2013 and glowed in the dark...those stayed on fine. And I think you're right, there are some other slider types and I'm sure those stay on fine. The peg ones, not so much.

When we checked in they gave each of us a slider type, it said 2013 and glowed in the dark...those stayed on fine. And I think you're right, there are some other slider types and I'm sure those stay on fine. The peg ones, not so much.

Leaving the bands a little loose on your wrist might help with the peg accessories. They wouldn't be pressing against your skin, but I can still see them getting pulled out if your brush against something.

Does everyone get one or were they only available for a short time? Also do you happen to have a pic of the one that says 2013. :)

What do the sliders look like? I've seen the jibbitz and covers but not the sliders

They may need to modify the jibbitz charms thingies. Its not the first report I've read of them coming out. They need some sort of flexible backing like the crocs jibbitz to at least give it a bit of grip

When I went in August, my family got the Sorcerer Mickey 3 band-its. Halfway through the day at Magic Kingdom, I lost mine - no one else lost theirs. I think it was because I would always have to pull out my camera or wallet out of my pockets, and eventually brushing too hard and it coming off. That or the torrential downpour we had.

The good news was that back at Pop Century at night, I told a CM about what happened in the shop and the CM was able to give me a new one after going in the back. Disney magic! I was so grateful and happy, not having expected that, only hoping.

After that, none of us wore the bandits the rest of the week.

Are these accessories only available on property or can I buy them somewhere online before my trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter