UPDATED!! Nick and Elizabeth's Planning Journal 10/5/07

VistaLeigh'smommy

<font color="darkorchid">vista is my kitty<br><fon
Since my wedding is now 9 weeks away... 9 weeks, I can't believe it!!! :cool1: anway, since it's so soon, I wanted to start a planning journal!

One problem... I am the WORST planner ever!!! We have NOTHING done! haha, it's actually kinda sad! We don't have an officiant yet, we have yet order the flowers, figure out the music, the groom's tux, no veil... actually, let me tell you what we DO have planned!:rotfl:

I have a dress! We booked Randy Chapman, the girls have their bridesmaid dresses (not ones that I wanted, but we will get there in time), the men have their outfits... and that's about it!!

Our wedding is a little different. Mom's, Dad's, and siblings only!! So we have a few hurt feelings from aunts, uncles, and grandparents.. friends too actually, but this way is perfect because everyone is getting down there on Sunday September 30th and we are spending all day every day together till the wedding on Friday October 5th! :idea: Maybe we are crazy, or maybe it will be the most amazing family vacation ever... I am REALLY hoping for the latter!!! My family has never been on a family vacation together, so this is going to be amazing. We are SUCH a close family it's not even funny... actually it can be REALLY funny at times! Nick's family is from California so he never gets to see them, so this will be lots of fun for him to be with them so much!

I feel like I might be all over the place, so let me focus here! The wedding is at Sunset Point. Nick and I (Elizabeth) met when we did our college program in 2002 at Disney World! We were both Slide Ops at Blizzard Beach and we met one day while he was bumping me to break. He would not let me go to break! He kept me there talking to me for 40 minutes!!! He was from California and I from Mass, so we had TONS to talk about right there. I really wanted to know everything I could about California and Nick wanted to make fun of my accent as much as possible. He was ADORABLE! :earboy2: I liked him RIGHT away!!! We rode the bus home together and we were inseperable from that moment on.
Our first date was at Cinderella's Royal Table, we fell in love running around the parks, and we made memories that are just amazing. We spent every free moment at the parks and we became Disney FREAKS!! I had never been before I went down for the college program and Nick had been once before. We learned every nook and cranny of Disney World and we love it!:earsgirl: :earsboy:
We said "I love you" for the first time on July 4th while watching fireworks at the Poly, so getting married there is just PERFECT!!!::MinnieMo :lovestruc

So, now some pictures!!

We LOVE baseball games!!! He is a HUGE A's fan!!! But, being in Boston, he makes do with what he has! We LOVE to visit different ballparks (this will come into play later) This is in 2003
nickmyspace015.jpg

this is us on a date in MK in 2002
47b4df28b3127cce995bbdf1d47d0000001.jpg

Working at Blizzard 2002
47b4df28b3127cce995bbdf3d47f0000001.jpg

47b4df28b3127cce995bbd6c55d00000001.jpg

Us at a wedding 2006
IMG_3829.jpg

Us on opening day at Fenway 2007
IMG_5431.jpg

These are the bridesmaids dresses I loved and wanted
s06_8585_azalea.jpg

These are what I settled on... which are still cute.. they are from JCREW and they are dark, deep brown
dress1.jpg

Back View
dress3.jpg

This is our wedding logo that we are using on Tshirts
wedding.jpg

I will add more when I plan more!!! I am working on it though!! I have tons of emails in with my coordinator, so things should be coming together... I hope!

and here is some pixie dust for you!
tinky.gif

Since my wedding is now 9 weeks away... 9 weeks, I can't believe it!!! :cool1: anway, since it's so soon, I wanted to start a planning journal!

One problem... I am the WORST planner ever!!! We have NOTHING done! haha, it's actually kinda sad! We don't have an officiant yet, we have yet order the flowers, figure out the music, the groom's tux, no veil... actually, let me tell you what we DO have planned!:rotfl:

I have a dress! We booked Randy Chapman, the girls have their bridesmaid dresses (not ones that I wanted, but we will get there in time), the men have their outfits... and that's about it!!

Our wedding is a little different. Mom's, Dad's, and siblings only!! So we have a few hurt feelings from aunts, uncles, and grandparents.. friends too actually, but this way is perfect because everyone is getting down there on Sunday September 30th and we are spending all day every day together till the wedding on Friday October 5th! :idea: Maybe we are crazy, or maybe it will be the most amazing family vacation ever... I am REALLY hoping for the latter!!! My family has never been on a family vacation together, so this is going to be amazing. We are SUCH a close family it's not even funny... actually it can be REALLY funny at times! Nick's family is from California so he never gets to see them, so this will be lots of fun for him to be with them so much!

I feel like I might be all over the place, so let me focus here! The wedding is at Sunset Point. Nick and I (Elizabeth) met when we did our college program in 2002 at Disney World! We were both Slide Ops at Blizzard Beach and we met one day while he was bumping me to break. He would not let me go to break! He kept me there talking to me for 40 minutes!!! He was from California and I from Mass, so we had TONS to talk about right there. I really wanted to know everything I could about California and Nick wanted to make fun of my accent as much as possible. He was ADORABLE! :earboy2: I liked him RIGHT away!!! We rode the bus home together and we were inseperable from that moment on.
Our first date was at Cinderella's Royal Table, we fell in love running around the parks, and we made memories that are just amazing. We spent every free moment at the parks and we became Disney FREAKS!! I had never been before I went down for the college program and Nick had been once before. We learned every nook and cranny of Disney World and we love it!:earsgirl: :earsboy:
We said "I love you" for the first time on July 4th while watching fireworks at the Poly, so getting married there is just PERFECT!!!::MinnieMo :lovestruc

So, now some pictures!!

We LOVE baseball games!!! He is a HUGE A's fan!!! But, being in Boston, he makes do with what he has! We LOVE to visit different ballparks (this will come into play later) This is in 2003
nickmyspace015.jpg

this is us on a date in MK in 2002
47b4df28b3127cce995bbdf1d47d0000001.jpg

Working at Blizzard 2002
47b4df28b3127cce995bbdf3d47f0000001.jpg

47b4df28b3127cce995bbd6c55d00000001.jpg

Us at a wedding 2006
IMG_3829.jpg

Us on opening day at Fenway 2007
IMG_5431.jpg

These are the bridesmaids dresses I loved and wanted
s06_8585_azalea.jpg

These are what I settled on... which are still cute.. they are from JCREW and they are dark, deep brown
dress1.jpg

Back View
dress3.jpg

This is our wedding logo that we are using on Tshirts
wedding.jpg

I will add more when I plan more!!! I am working on it though!! I have tons of emails in with my coordinator, so things should be coming together... I hope!

and here is some pixie dust for you!
tinky.gif

I love your story!
Your dresses are very pretty. If you need any help. Let me know. I am going through wedding planning withdrawl haha.
I'm sure it will be nice having just family there.

Yay, you are all getting there the day we are getting married! We are staying for our honeymoon through October 7th, so we'll be there during your wedding too. Maybe we'll see you around in wedding ears. Congratulations! Sunset Point looks like such a great place for a ceremony!

welcome and congrats!! :yay: your story is sweet and so far all your plans look great! look at it this way, with only 9 weeks to go, you'll be so busy planning that you won't have the time ( like some of us here :rolleyes1 ) to second guess yourself and plan and replan and replan......

waiting for more popcorn:: eagerly!

Michelle :cloud9:

What a great story you have! Everything will come together I am sure! Keep us posted on your plans!

The picture of you two on the carousel is SO cute!! What an adorable story about running around the parks and falling in love :love:. Now that should be a commercial! :rotfl:

I also love your signature! How adorable!

Your BM dresses are beautiful... Cant wait to see more of what you have planned

Thanks guys!! Maybe you are right Glorydaz, I won't have time to change my mind! (hopefully I have time to plan everything!!)

Every officiant we contact is booked! I am starting to get nervous!

DisneyFairy, I really have started to like the dresses too... It looks amazing on my sister!

KC... where are you staying?? We will be there on September 28th! How exciting!!

Disneybelle,.. I might take you up on some help!!! hahaha!

Thanks guys!! Maybe you are right Glorydaz, I won't have time to change my mind! (hopefully I have time to plan everything!!)

DisneyFairy, I really have started to like the dresses too... It looks amazing on my sister!

KC... where are you staying?? We will be there on September 28th! How exciting!!

Just let me know and I would love to help!

elizabeth

congrats...what a cute story about how you met at wdw, said i love you at wdw & "live' at wdw....it was meant to be!!

We are here for you...cause you better get going!!:goodvibes

those are some really nice pics of you 2!!! cute couple

keep us updated!!!

Yay! You started a planning journal! No worries, it sounds like you have more figured out 9 weeks out then I did! I love the pictures of you and Nick. Spring 2002 was a magical time wasn't it? ;)

BTW, I do love the JCrew BM's dresses. Very classy and they will look so great out on the beach!

Who have you tried for officiants? Have you tried Rev Tim? He did our wedding & we really loved him. He had everyone laughing as well as crying. He made it real personal even though he didn't even know us. Your dresses are really pretty. And I really love You Logo's.

I'm so glad you've started a PJ, as I noticed a while back how close together our weddings will be! We will be in the World and are getting married the same week as you - also at Sunset Pointe and also with only immediate family. I assure you, you aren't the worst planner ever. I'm actually excited to see that someone else is behind with their planning! Is that horrible?!? We just booked our officiant and "reception" the week before last and are emailing people about floral and hair this week. We also haven't figured out music, accessories, etc. I don't know if that gives you any hope, but at least you're not alone! ;) I look forward to hearing the rest of your plans. Maybe we'll see each other in October. :)

I have emails in with officiants all over Orlando!! I went ahead and sent a request to Rev Tim so hopefully I will hear back!

Geauxn2Disney...I have so so so much to figure out too!!! Are you doing a rehersal there? I know that intimate brides don't get to do one, but I think I might just have everyone meet a little early before our rehersal dinner at Ohana's and just figure some stuff out! It is VERY good to know I am not alone!!!

Em, The dresses have really grown on me! They are a little too sexy, but what am I gonna do... that reminds me, I need to work on shoes for the girls!

Thanks for the nice comments on our pictures!!

I missed this earlier, but we arrive on September 28th also!

I have emails in with officiants all over Orlando!! I went ahead and sent a request to Rev Tim so hopefully I will hear back!

Geauxn2Disney...I have so so so much to figure out too!!! Are you doing a rehersal there? I know that intimate brides don't get to do one, but I think I might just have everyone meet a little early before our rehersal dinner at Ohana's and just figure some stuff out! It is VERY good to know I am not alone!!!

Em, The dresses have really grown on me! They are a little too sexy, but what am I gonna do... that reminds me, I need to work on shoes for the girls!

Thanks for the nice comments on our pictures!!

We're not really doing a rehearsal, as we won't have anyone stand with us. We planned to, but - long story short - it just didn't work out. :sad2: So the only people who really need to practice are me, DF, and my dad. I visited the Poly in June with my parents, so my dad is familiar with Sunset Pointe. We walked up the "aisle" in June, but we'll probably do it again in the days before the wedding just for fun. :) Other than that, everyone just has to sit and be good for the 15 minutes or so of the ceremony. (Actually, now that I think about it, maybe we should have them rehearse the "being good" part, LOL. Never thought of that! ;)) Anyway, if I had bridesmaids and groomsmen like you, I would definitely want to do some sort of quick run through, though, especially considering the number of posts I've read from intimate brides who felt like they had no clue what was going on the day of their wedding. It certainly couldn't hurt to have everyone practice, and since you'll be dining at Ohana for your rehearsal dinner anyway, that would be a perfect opportunity to get everyone out there and excited about the next day's festivities!

What a sweet story you have!! You are adorable together! I'm sure everything will come together in plenty of time, especially with the wonderful ladies (aka wedding planning experts) on this page to help you out! Good luck, congrats, and i can't wait to see more!

I don't know how to update my title, but what a day!!

I booked a reverand yesterday morning!! I was so excited!! Well his wife called me at 9am today to tell me that they double booked and can not do my wedding!!

She gave me some names to call, and the first one was Rev Tim Herring!

So I called Rev Herring and he was available!! He even answered his phone on a Saturday morning! :thumbsup2 He has the best southern accent! I am gonna have fun with that!:rotfl:

So I went from not having someone, to having someone, to NOT having someone, to having someone in 24 hours!! YEESH!

But I am so excited! He was so nice!

oh, I went to the store today and got a binder and some dividers to work on an organizational system! :laughing:

:wave2: Just read your PJ your bridesmaids dresses are beautiful. I was late to book the officiant also I think I did it last week. Got excited and thought I would say hello you are coming in the day after I get married. Looks like there are several of us down there maybe we will run into each other. Cant wait to read more :wave2:

Congratulations!! Everything looks wonderful! Did anyone tell your DF that he has a Zach Braff thing going? He's adorable!

People have said he looks like Zach Braff! That and Ray Romano!

We should plan something for all of the brides who will be there at the same time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter