Updated Monorail Closure Policy!

dancnorris

Earning My Ears
WDW Transportation has decided to keep the Resort Monorail open until 11pm every night!!

DVC Member Satisfaction called me for the second time about my written complaint to inform me that the resort monorail will stay open until 11pm every night regardless of when the parks close. The message I received indicated that this reflected "additional information" about the policy from their "transportation partners," but it directly contradicts my prior conversation with DVC and reports from other members here on DIS. I am convinced that they received our complaints and realized the policy had not been thought through completely. There will still be no monorail service for EMH, but this does resolve some of the issues about returning from Epcot after Illuminations and dining at other monorail resorts.

I am going to continue pressing the issue until this is confirmed in a written statement from WDW (and hope others will as well). But I think this is a sign that the pressure is working. Thank you to everyone that has written Disney to complain. I hope that we can still get the policy rescinded entirely, but this is a major step in the right direction.

Yay! I can live with that. Makes a lot more sense than what was announced first.

I would guess that following complaints some MBA "suit," who thought of this service change in the first place, was convinced that he was truly an idiot (or labelled one by a superior) for devising a plan that would have the resorts monorail end service before Epcot's usual closing activities and before all those who use the monorail for dinner reservations at the monorail resorts finished dinner.

I would keep the complaints coming until they witdraw the entire plan.

While we will never know if this is actually a change in policy or if this is just clarification of the change already announced. They announced that the monorail will not service EMH and did not specify anything on the resort monorails schedule.

I think this is a smart decision because it will allow most guests to complete dinner reservations, etc at the resorts. It will be interestng to see if they bypass the MK stop altogether, allow people to get off the monorail but not permit entry or just run normal up until 11 pm. I could see it becoming a pain in the butt if the express stops at say 10 pm and crowds gather at the resort monorail until 11 pm.

I think that this is still a better plan than what we have been expecting! It wont be perfect - but its better than nothing!

WDW Transportation has decided to keep the Resort Monorail open until 11pm every night!!

DVC Member Satisfaction called me for the second time about my written complaint to inform me that the resort monorail will stay open until 11pm every night regardless of when the parks close. The message I received indicated that this reflected "additional information" about the policy from their "transportation partners," but it directly contradicts my prior conversation with DVC and reports from other members here on DIS. I am convinced that they received our complaints and realized the policy had not been thought through completely. There will still be no monorail service for EMH, but this does resolve some of the issues about returning from Epcot after Illuminations and dining at other monorail resorts.

I am going to continue pressing the issue until this is confirmed in a written statement from WDW (and hope others will as well). But I think this is a sign that the pressure is working. Thank you to everyone that has written Disney to complain. I hope that we can still get the policy rescinded entirely, but this is a major step in the right direction.

That's great news! Pays to stay on top of things IMO over blind acceptance.

I'm glad that the resort monorail will be running to a reasonable time - great news for anyone staying on the monorail! I too hope they don't let the resort monorail get overrun after the mk monorail shuts down, but I guess if the park has been closed for more than an hour to non-resort guests, there wouldn't be much of a crowd left to deal with...

I wouldn't hope for much beyond this though. While I surely dont know any inside info, if they are saying the monorails need more time in the shop, and we all know how often they break down now, why wouldn't everyone want them this to happen? They are proving the monorail for a reasonable amount of time and then still providing transportation after that. I personally don't think there's anything else to push for.

Can someone help me out here...

We are staying at BWV and we are attending the 8pm luau on a night that the MK is open until 10pm. After the luau, my plan is to take the resort monorail to the MK and then hop the bus to the BWV to get back. With the new policy, I am assuming that my plan will still work out and we won't be forced to get a cab. Correct?

TIA!

disprincessatheart;41937612]I'm glad that the resort monorail will be running to a reasonable time - great news for anyone staying on the monorail! I too hope they don't let the resort monorail get overrun after the mk monorail shuts down, but I guess if the park has been closed for more than an hour to non-resort guests, there wouldn't be much of a crowd left to deal with...

I wouldn't hope for much beyond this though. While I surely dont know any inside info, if they are saying the monorails need more time in the shop, and we all know how often they break down now, why wouldn't everyone want them this to happen? They are proving the monorail for a reasonable amount of time and then still providing transportation after that. I personally don't think there's anything else to push for.[/

I agree, I hope Disney never sacrifices guest safety in order to appease squeaking wheels.

Does that mean it will stop at the MK and TTC though or will it only be stopping at the monorail hotels. :confused3

Can someone help me out here...

We are staying at BWV and we are attending the 8pm luau on a night that the MK is open until 10pm. After the luau, my plan is to take the resort monorail to the MK and then hop the bus to the BWV to get back. With the new policy, I am assuming that my plan will still work out and we won't be forced to get a cab. Correct?

TIA!

You will be fine with the option to take the monorail or a boat from Poly to MK. Even under the original announcement the MK monorail would be running until an hour after MK park closing. The discussion going on here arose because it appeared the monorail would stop running an hour after closing even at times of year when MK closes at 7 and now they are going until 11 even in that situation.

Glad to hear this change. We are staying at BLT in early Dec (when MK closes at 7 half the week) and have several meals planned at poly and GF. Really hated thinking we would have to bus to TTC and then bus to CR.

You will be fine with the option to take the monorail or a boat from Poly to MK. Even under the original announcement the MK monorail would be running until an hour after MK park closing. The discussion going on here arose because it appeared the monorail would stop running an hour after closing even at times of year when MK closes at 7 and now they are going until 11 even in that situation.

That's good news. It makes it easier to access dining options at all the monorail resorts.

That is better news. The cynic in me wonders if that was the plan all along. Throw something out there that sounds outlandish and then come back with something less and it sounds better..

That is better news. The cynic in me wonders if that was the plan all along. Throw something out there that sounds outlandish and then come back with something less and it sounds better..

Outlandish-that would be like wanting to lower the pool temps from 86 to 82, so you drop to 78-and look great when you go up to 82. No way would I believe that scenario.

I agree that the 11 PM close makes more sense for ADRs at the resorts and stuff and we can rarely get to the monorail in an hour after Wishes when we really pretty much go straight there.

However, we are going in Aug when the park is open until 11. Sounds like they need to change the policy to park close or 11 PM, whichever is later. What are they going to do on Christmas night and such? I think they need some (obvious?) exceptions to their own rule.

11pm is much nicer than 7pm (off season).

so that might work.

still want to know if this is permament or just until they get the monrail track fixed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter